1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information attached to this application is true, correct, complete, and made in good faith. I understand that false or fraudulent information on or attached to this application may be grounds for not hiring me or for firing me after I begin work, and may be punishable by fine or imprisonment. I understand that any information given may be investigated.A. Yes.
2. Are you the spouse of an active duty military member and eligible for Military Spouse Preference? (You must submit a copy of your military sponsor's Permanent Change in Station (PCS) orders with your application.)
To be eligible you must have been married to your military sponsor prior to reporting to the new duty assignment; AND, must have accompanied your military sponsor on a PCS move; AND, the position for which you are applying must be within the commuting area of your military sponsor's new permanent duty station.
3. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and/or education. GS-09: Select the one that best describes your qualifications. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
4. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and/or education. GS-11: Select the one that best describes your qualifications. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
For task statements choose the response (A-E) from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Select only one letter per statement. Ensure that your application supports all of your responses.A- I have not had experience or education in performing this task.
5. Research information on public affairs matters for the organization
6. Review internal reports and updates for public affairs communications opportunities.
7. Identify public affairs opportunities for campaigns projects and activities.
8. Provide administrative support to ensure that products are developed in a timely and effective matter.
9. Develop informational materials that inform the public of the organization's policies, programs, services and activities.
10. Coordinate news media interviews with staff that demonstrate an organization's activities or projects.
11. Research, interview and confers with faculty and staff to obtain the latest information for use in public affairs products.
12. Provide assistance to faculty and staff regarding media relations, policy guidance and directives.
13. Use web publishing, photo, video, and copy-editing software for public affairs campaigns/projects.
14. Review content thru web-based management systems.
15. Assist with internal and external websites for public affairs content.
16. Edit and disseminates a wide range of information and data to inform students and staff of organization's missions and activities.
17. Use a variety of techniques such as new releases, feature articles, internal and external web sites on line social media tools, for executing plans involving public affairs.
18. Plan and develops a variety of communication tools, including audio and video programs for use on organization internal and external websites.
19. Identify innovative strategies to use the web as a communication tool to provide information to the public and select audiences.
20. Edit and approve web-based content prior to publishing on the Internet and multimedia sites.
21. Recommend strategic plans for web-based and traditional communication services.
22. Interact with the public, news media representatives, and officials to deliver public affairs objectives ensuring compliance with public affairs policies.
23. Prepare press releases, and other related documents for public affairs functions.
24. Assist clients on communication with the public and news media representatives.
25. Advise others on web public information policies and procedures for social media sites.
26. Prepare analytics, progress reports for web-based and traditional communications initiatives.
27. Prepare written responses to the media and public on public affairs campaign information.
28. Prepare press releases, feature articles using Associated Press writing style.