From the descriptions below, choose the letter beside the statement that best describes your experience and/or education relevant to the position of Educational Aide for the GS/AD-04 level. Select only one letter. Note: Your resume must support the response you select.A. I have at least one year of general experience that has equipped me with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. General Experience is defined as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
2. Are you requesting Military Spouse Preference based on the transfer of your military spouse to obtain a position in the commuting area of this position? Applicants requesting Military Spouse Preference (MSP) must submit the following documents along with their completed application: a) Military Spouse Employment Request Form (Form available online at: http://www.am.dodea.edu/ddessasc/employment/MSPRequestFormNov05.DOC b) A copy of the sponsor's Permanent Change of Station orders indicating authorization of dependent travel. c) Copy of marriage certificate.
For questions 3, 4,and 5, your answers should include convictions resulting from a plea of nolo contendere (no contest), but omit: (1) traffic fines of $300 or less, (2) any violation of law committed before your 16th birthday, (3) any violation of law committed before your 18th birthday if finally decided in juvenile court or under a Youth Offender law, (4) any conviction set aside under the Federal Youth Corrections Act or similar state law, and (5) any conviction for which the record was expunged under Federal or state law.
3. During the last 10 years, have you been convicted, been imprisoned, been on probation, or been on parole? (Includes felonies, firearms or explosives violations, misdemeanors, and all other offenses.) If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, explanation of the violation, place of occurrence, and the name and address of the police department or court involved.A. Yes
4. Have you been convicted by a military court-martial in the past 10 years? (If no military service, answer "NO.") If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, explanation of the violation, place of occurrence, and the name and address of the military authority or court involved.A. Yes
5. Are you now under charges for any violation of law? If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, explanation of the violation, place of occurrence, and the name and address of the police department or court involved.A. Yes
6. During the last 5 years, have you been fired from any job for any reason, did you quit after being told that you would be fired, did you leave any job by mutual agreement because of specific problems, or were you debarred from Federal employment by the Office of Personnel Management or any other Federal agency? If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, an explanation of the problem, reason for leaving, and the employer's name and address.
7. Are you delinquent on any Federal debt? (Includes delinquencies arising from Federal taxes, loans, overpayment of benefits, and other debts to the U.S. Government, plus defaults of Federally guaranteed or insured loans such as student and home mortgage loans.) If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the type, length, and amount of the delinquency or default, and steps that you are taking to correct the error or repay the debt.A. Yes
8. Do you receive, or have you ever applied for, retirement pay, pension, or other retired pay based on military, Federal civilian, or District of Columbia Government service?A. Yes
9. Do any of your relatives work for the agency or government organization to which you are submitting this application? (Include: father, mother, husband, wife, son, daughter, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, first cousin, nephew, niece, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister,half brother, and half sister.) If you answer "Yes," use the narrative section in this questionnaire to provide the relative's name, relationship and the department, agency or branch of the Armed Forces for which your relative works.A. Yes
10. Are you a Male born after December 31, 1959?A. Yes
11. Have you registered with the Selective Service System? If you answer "no," describe your reason in the narrative section of this questionnaire.A. Yes
Please use this section to provide the required information if you have answered "Yes" to numbers 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 on the suitability questions. If you have answered "Yes" to the referenced questions, you MUST provide the required information. All of your answers must be truthful and complete. A false statement on any part of your application may be grounds for not hiring you or for firing you after you begin work. Also, you may be punished by a fine or imprisonment (U.S. Code, title 18, section 1001). You may be asked to provide this information at any time.
12. Which of the following best describes your experience working with students?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item:
A - I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B - I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C - I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D - I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E - I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or I am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
13. Provide educational support services, e.g. developing learning aids, assisting professional tutoring, arranging educational trips, or grading and administering test.
14. Work with individuals with disabilities.
15. Provide personal self-help instructions/services, e.g. feeding, hygiene, dressing.
16. Knowledge of first aid procedures, knowledge of and adherence to appropriate sanitation requirements, and demonstrated willingness to learn and perform special care procedures as needed.
17. Prepares instructional materials and implements a daily activity plan following work direction.
18. Provide additional, special, or remedial instruction, or tutoring assistance.
19. Monitor students to ensure proper behavior and observation of safety rules.
20. Communicate effectively, in English, both orally and in writing, using correct grammar.
21. Perform a variety of clerical procedures such as typing, filing, record keeping, answering telephones, and resolving recurring problems.
22. Use basic keyboarding skills and use of programs such as Microsoft Office Suite.
23. Perform standard record keeping, routine filing, and maintain classroom order.
24. Develop and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
25. Work effectively with a variety of personalities and age groups.
26. Use educational and instructional methods and practices to assist the teacher or other instructor in a variety of classroom situations.
27. Use basic academic knowledge and skills while assisting in the classroom.
28. Knowledge of school's policies, procedures, and goals to provide information to students, parents, staff and others, and to ensure order and discipline.
29. Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and correspondence procedures to prepare class materials such as worksheets, notices to parents, and other official documents.
30. Communicate effectively with students, parents, and school staff members in a variety of routine work situations.
31. Resolve routine conflict and refer unfamiliar or unprecedented situations to the supervisor.
32. Perform various physical activities, including standing, bending, and lifting of children.
33. I certify that my response to this questionnaire and the resume and documents provided in my application are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. FAILURE TO CERTIFY WILL RENDER YOU INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.