Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Your response to the following statement will determine if you meet the area of consideration. I am a current employee of the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Southeast Region.A. Yes
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the basic requirement for Chemist, GS-1320.A. Degree: physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Microbiologist, GS-0403-13.A. Degree: microbiology; or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent.
4. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Microbiologist, GS-0403/Chemist, GS-1320-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service directing laboratory operations; developing, implementing, and providing guidance on laboratory operational science policies and procedures; and coordinating and monitoring a science laboratory workload and product relative to a broad/complex science and consumer protection mission.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Develop and interpret established operating policies and procedures in order to formulate and recommend plans, establish goals, leadership, guidance, program strategies and technical accomplishments.
6. Oversee the development of technical data, estimates, statistics, suggestions, and other information useful to higher level managers in determining goals and objectives.
7. Responsible for the interpretation and application of the food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act and related industry practices and regulations to ensure accuracy and completeness of objectives.
8. Ensure applicable laws, guidance and policies are followed and implemented in accomplishing assigned tasks.
9. Analyze organizational and operational issues requiring a high degree of expertise both in commodity and instrumentation.
10. Supervises the analyzing of difficult, novel and complex samples which may require development or modification of methods.
11. Oversees the interpretation and evaluation of the results of analysis to determine the validity and scientific significance ensuring all necessary information is obtained.
12. Knowledge of and adheres to the Quality Management Program procedures by ensuring completion of training and assigned QMS activities in a timely and quality manner.
13. Directs and provides leadership of a program segment or organizational unit performing technical, investigative and professional oversight.
14. Assigns work to subordinates, evaluates performance and gives advice, counsel or instruction to employees.
15. Utilize assigned resources providing leadership, guidance and technical direction to ensure effective accomplishments of project, program segment or organizational unit.
16. Assist in providing executive leadership and technical direction to administrative, scientific, professional and technical support personnel.
17. Responsible to assure that the analysis and methods development work maintains the environmental integrity of the work site and products analyzed.
18. Reviews internal analytical packages of scientists to determine if the science meets management expectations embodied in appropriate policy and program guidelines..
19. Provide advance guidance on matters related to program planning/monitoring, budgeting, management analysis, personnel and manpower management and program evaluations.
20. Develops work improvement plans, recommending personnel action as necessary.
21. Develops and implements team-building techniques and practices.
22. Identifies needs, develops new methods and approaches and plans project to satisfy needs.
23. Participate in conferences, meetings, hearings or presentation involving problems or issues of considerable consequence or importance to program or program segment(s) managed.
24. Testifies in court or other formal or informal review concerning the science produces and the credibility of the work required.
25. Provides and assures subordinates are trained and fully comply with regulations and policies.