1. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic education requirement for the GS-0401 position.A. I possess a degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or a related discipline. (You must submit transcript at time of application submission)
2. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic education requirement for the GS-0403 position.A. I possess a degree in microbiology, biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology or other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent. (You must submit transcript that shows the related coursework at time of application submission)
3. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic education requirement for the GS-0415 position.A. I possess a degree in toxicology; or an appropriate discipline of the biological, medical, or veterinary sciences that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry, biochemistry, or physiology, and 12 semester hours in toxicology. (You must submit transcript that shows the related coursework at time of application submission)
4. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic education requirement for the GS-1320 position.A. I possess a degree in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics. (You must submit transcript that shows the related coursework at time of application submission)
5. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service that included leading work groups; developing, implementing and reviewing risk assessment activities and research plans; and performing food safety risk assessment research including planning, organizing and directing studies on risk assessment and related research.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
6. Participate in task forces, workgroups, and/or teams to plan, coordinate and evaluate food-safety risk assessment programs and related activities.
7. Conduct food-safety research used in the development of quantitative risk assessment mathematical models.
8. Serving as a techncial expert on the principles, practices, and procedures for food-safety risk assessment and application of risk analysis to regulatory decisions.
9. Provide guidance to staff members on food-safety risk assessment and related research activities.
10. Assist in establishing and maintaining a program to identify, select, and manage food-safety risk assessments and related research activities.
11. Lead task forces and work groups that develop, implement, and review food-safety risk assessment activities and research plans.
12. Provide recommendations to policy initiatives based on food-safety risk assessments.
13. Collaborate with government, academic institutions and industry organizations scientific communities on food-safety risk assessment research programs.
14. Evaluate food-safety risk assessment programs and policies to ensure that they meet the needs of a regulatory program's activities and responsibilities.
15. Collaborate with food-safety risk assessment team members to develop project plans to include setting time frames, milestones, and agreed upon endpoints.
16. Statistically and systematically analyze and evaluate complex scientific data involving numerous variables.
17. Plan, organize, and direct scientific studies and related activities for food-safety risk assessment.
18. Provide consultation services to industry representatives, academic communities, etc. on food-safety risk assessment policies and procedures.
19. Represent an agency at professional scientific meetings.
20. Prepare scientific, technical reports, or reviews related to food-safety risk assessment research.
21. Communicate (orally and in writing) complex scientific analysis or findings on food-safety risk assessment research.