1. Please select the response below that best describes your experience in relation to the basic competencies required for this position.A. I have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies; (1) Attention to Detail - being thorough when evaluating Information Technology (IT) and conscientious about attending to detail in the application of IT guidance, policies and procedures; (2) Customer Service - Working with clients and customers (e.g. management, information technology personnel, organizations, etc...) assessing technology needs, providing highly technical information or assistance, resolving IT problems, providing alternative IT solutions or services; and demonstrating commitment to providing quality products and services; (3) Oral Communication - Expressing highly technical information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; delivering technically authoritative and persuasive oral presentations; listening to others, attending to nonverbal cues; and responding appropriately; (4) Problem Solving - identifying issues in development or operations of Information Technology or Systems, determining the accuracy and relevance of information; using expert judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; and to making recommendations.
2. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the requirements for the GS-14 position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience, comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors.) This experience must include activities such as: 1) Compiling investment portfolio data to support IT investment reporting requirements for an organization; 2) Determining the baseline health state of an organization's investment portfolio 3) Performing baseline change requests; 4) Coordinating and implementing IT Capital Planning and Investment Control policies, guidelines, and procedures; AND 5) working collaboratively to achieve a successful improvement strategy for IT investment.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Advise senior management and stakeholders on negotiations and resolutions concerning IT investments.
4. Provide advisory services to management regarding the development, analysis, and evaluation of IT investment plans and budgets.
5. Establish and assess key performance indicators that impact service delivery.
6. Develop IT service improvement plans to enhance service delivery.
7. Collaborate with stakeholders to coordinate and evaluate current IT investments.
8. Ensure compliance with IT investment plans, policies, and standards that establish the framework for IT investment programs.
9. Identify IT investments issues that negatively impact the completion of work and recommend solutions.
10. Review and interpret guidelines, regulations, directives, policies and other regulatory guidance governing IT investment program operations to determine the intent of the guidelines and impact on agency procedures.
11. Provide technical guidance on the development of enterprise infrastructure architecture standards and/or strategic plans.
12. Develop program-wide policies, directives and guidelines on the assigned IT specialty.
13. Provide advisory services to management, staff and stakeholders regarding IT budgets and management of IT investment portfolios.
14. Advise stakeholders on the use of automated tools to perform planning and management activities.
15. Identify needs for information technology changes based on new, developing and potential IT technologies.
16. Evaluate new or emerging technologies for potential adaptability into existing networks and systems.
17. Align IT investments with the organization's mission (e.g., capital planning and investment control).
18. Represent agency at conferences, meetings, symposia and on interagency committees.
19. Present briefings to senior management officials on complex issues.
20. Present solutions to organization-wide information technology problems to management.
21. Advise management on technical solution strategies for the organization's IT system.
22. Negotiate with internal or external contacts to resolve sensitive program issues.
23. Update and maintain program and administrative reference materials with current information.
24. Prepare documentation and justifications to support adoption of recommended courses of actions.
25. Review ongoing operations to ensure continued functioning of organization's IT infrastructure.