Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Health Scientist, GS-0601-15.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Health Scientist, GS-0601-15.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in providing scientific leadership in formulating planning, directing, and organizing research, surveillance or programmatic activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Manage the planning and support of scientific research for an organization.
4. Recommend and encourage the full development of new scientific ideas, theories, and methods.
5. Initiate actions to study current or proposed scientific activities.
6. Provide leadership and direction for scientific research for an organization.
7. Establish goals and objectives for scientific research programs.
8. Allocate scarce resources among major competitive programs, and develop key guidance directing program efforts.
9. Serve as scientific leader in the area of research for underserved populations.
10. Coordinate scientific research activities.
11. Plan, organize and oversee the activities of a scientific research program.
12. Develop goals and objectives for scientific research activities.
13. Formulate agency-wide program objectives, plans, policies and criteria in carrying out research activities.
14. Review, examine, identify and disseminate scientific research findings which have potential for regional, national or global adaptation.
15. Serve as a senior member of management by participating in setting objectives.
16. Represent the organization in meetings with leaders and key governmental and non-governmental officials.
17. Direct, coordinate, and oversee work of subordinates.
18. Provide staff with direction and advice regarding policies, procedures and guidelines.
19. Develop an environment to balance workload and provide overall direction and vision to team members on a wide range of programs.
20. Present findings, deliver briefings and justify recommendations.
21. Lead discussion with subordinate staff on program priorities and performance.
22. Establish effective working relations through ongoing dialogue.
23. Prepare reports and provide written response to inquiries.
24. Develop written policies and procedures.
25. Present written communication to draft testimonies and legislative proposals.
26. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.