Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your experience and/or education which meet the Qualification Requirements for Management Operations Specialist, GS-0301-11.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience providing management and operations support activities in at least five of the following areas related to planning, coordinating, and managing day-to-day operations of an office: management analysis, policy compliance, budget activity, mail management, fleet management, property management, space and facilities management, procurement, and travel.
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your eligibility for this position.A. I currently work for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) serving on a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop recommendations and implement new modified guidelines, work processes, and operations in order to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, or timeliness of work processes and information dissemination.
4. Serve as a focal point for the initiation and receipt of all requisitions for equipment, supplies, and other materials and services.
5. Use a variety of software for electronic mail, calendars, spreadsheets, power point slides and databases.
6. Provide guidance to management officials on obligations incurred, expenditures and availability of funds.
7. Provide guidance to management officials on appropriation law and/or budget policy.
8. Reconcile expenditure records or reports with authorized fund commitments.
9. Provide guidance, assistance, and technical support to management officials and office staff on administrative management and support services.
10. Maintain effective and diplomatic working relations with agency representatives while working on projects.
11. Discuss pertinent issues with operating personnel to determine the impact on current operations.
12. Explain and interpret administrative policies and procedures.
13. Provide input on program planning and management decisions.
14. Provide information to management officials on policies, guidelines and issues.
15. Develop administrative policies and procedures for administrative management and support services.
16. Prepare briefing materials and background information for meetings and conferences.
17. Compose correspondence in response to outside inquiries.