Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 779763
LEAD REALTY SPECIALIST, GS-1170-9/11
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-11) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release of Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspxA. Yes
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?A. I certify that I possess a valid Drivers License.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Realty Specialist (Conveyances). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service that included using knowledge of agency policies and procedures, federal statutes and laws, and a good understanding of real estate market, applicant will perform work in acquisition and disposals; while taking into consideration and resolving client's needs. Oversees disposal of property, taking into consideration archeological and environmental concerns, and a market in which the sale will have little economic impact. Will conduct negotiations with willing individuals or small groups. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience) (Your resume must support this experience.)
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Realty Specialist (Conveyances). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-9 grade level in the federal service. Examples of specialized experience may include using in depth knowledge of agency procedures, applicable federal statutes and laws, and a good understanding of the real estate market. Applicant may be in situations which involve complicated factors such as difficult negotiations, or helping clients with unusual, extensive or rapidly changing needs, or working with unfamiliar state or local governments. Oversees disposal of property that may involve numerous environmental concerns, unstable market(s), unusual security problems, extensive damage (to the property), and have to take into consideration possible significant impacts on local real estate markets, among other things. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience) (Your resume must support this experience.)
For each task listed below, select the statement from A through E that best describes your level of experience, education, and/or training. If you select response D or E, your application and/or resume must be able to support your claim. Please select only one letter for each statement. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task. (0 points)
7. Provide a variety of assignments in the acquisition and disposal program for trust and restricted property, ensuring the protection of trust assets and receipt of fair market value or agreed upon value.
8. Serve as an advocate in assisting the Tribes and Tribal members with respect to the conveyance of their real property holdings.
9. Perform work in acquiring property involving common or familiar use with standard or no encumbrances.
10. Oversee disposal of property that may involve few environmental concerns and a market in which the sale will have little economic impact.
11. Conduct routine negotiations with willing individuals or small groups.
12. Provide assistance in areas related to real estate services, and real estate technical personnel.
13. Review work in progress to provide advice on assignments, release of information, completeness of process, etc.
14. Research, analyze and review complex and conflicting problems and issues.
15. Provide findings and recommendations on issues.
16. Provide guidance and direction to staff members and land owners on findings and recommendations.
17. Analyze transactions, including the application, land description, appraisal, NEPA, TSR, and other clearances to ensure compliance with statutory authority, laws, regulations, tribal ordinances, policies and procedures.
18. Ensure that beneficiaries and other interested parties are aware of the decision, their rights (appeals), and next steps.
19. Analyze and research historical transactions and records; and obtains information from various electronic or hardcopy sources.
20. Review the conveyance and related documents for compliance with statutory authority, laws, regulations, tribal ordinances, policies and procedures.
21. Complete the recommendation for approval/disapproval of the conveyance.
22. Ensure that approval/disapproval/awards are recorded in the appropriate system of record.
23. Consult with land owners and other interested parties about the conveyance process and other needs and documentation.
24. Provide technical assistance on the execution of a conveyance.
25. Notify beneficiaries and other interested parties of approvals/disapprovals/awards/leases.
26. Coordinate and collaborate with other department in order to have an accurate understanding of the status and activity on trust land.
27. Write clear, accurate, well-organized documents using correct grammar and style.
28. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.