1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-09 Paralegal Specialist position.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-07) level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing duties of a Paralegal Specialist to include assisting in the drafting of legal documents; assisting in the process of assembling case files and/or organizing evidence/exhibits for court cases; reviewing outgoing correspondence for grammar, proper formatting, correct attachments, etc.; experience with and/or possess a working knowledge of financial disclosure statements; and maintaining a reference library of substantive motions, briefs, instructions and/or other trial-related documents.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
2. Review documents to identify materials which may be pertinent to issues and/or cases.
3. Conduct investigations and/or information gatherings to determine pertinent facts.
4. Assembles case files, organizes evidence/exhibits and constructs administrative records for court cases.
5. Read case files to become more familiar with ongoing matters and/or litigation.
6. Verify legal citations and statutory references in legal documents against original sources and various legal authorities.
7. Examine information contained in case files with reference to litigation worthiness and appropriate titles of law.
8. Respond to requests for information concerning organization legal functions.
9. Review outgoing correspondence prepared by upper management for proper format, conformance with procedural instructions, grammar, errors, and/or attachments.
10. Develop narrative or graphic exhibits to support specified legal arguments.
11. Utilize automated software to draft briefs, litigation papers, and/or advisory opinions.
12. Prepare draft briefs to support litigation papers, advisory opinions, or findings.
13. Serve as a Notary Public.
14. Receive and/or route mail to staff members for action.
15. Arrange meetings for management and insure all those that need to attend are aware.
16. Organize files, records, manuals, handbooks, and/or other related materials.
17. Maintain reference library of substantive motions, briefs, instructions and other trial-related documents.
18. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.