Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current FDA employee working in a permanent competitive service position. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I am current FDA Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. Please select the response below which best reflects how you meet the basic qualification requirements for this position. FAILURE TO SELECT AN ANSWER WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.A. I have successfully completed a four-year bachelor's degree in a major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.(you must submit your transcript at time of application submission)
2. Please select the response below which best reflects your experience as it relates to the minimum qualifications for the Senior Policy Analyst, GS-0601-14. FAILURE TO SELECT AN ANSWER WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATINGA. I have at least one year of experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service that included providing technical advice on policy development initiatives and issues related to health science; developing and reviewing proposals for new regulations, petition responses and consumer correspondence; and leading working groups to resolve policy issues.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Manage the development, monitoring, and implementation of policies for a regulatory and scientific program.
4. Serve as a technical authority on consumer medical information.
5. Serve as a technical authority on prescription drug labeling.
6. Provide technical expertise on good clinical practices.
7. Advise others on drug safety monitoring policies and issues.
8. Compare and contrast current and future policies to formulate appropriate strategies for addressing problems, develop timetables for prompt action, and to institute efficient follow-up procedures.
9. Draft responses to all public comments received on proposed, recommends adoption, or rejection of counter-proposals.
10. Develop correspondence to address areas of disagreements related to policy initiatives.
11. Make presentations at conferences or professional meetings on health science policies.
12. Provide guidance and/or training to professionals in the review disciplines on matters related to his/her area of expertise.
13. Prepare briefing materials to negotiate with management for acceptance of recommendations and proposals.
14. Draft proposals for new regulations and policy statements for a wide range of subject matters, resulting from new legislation or from existing legislation.
15. Synthesize input from working groups to reconcile different viewpoints and to achieve well-reasoned policy positions.
16. Are you a current FDA employee serving in a permanent, competitive position?A. Yes (please submit SF50 at time of application submission)