Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - FDA Merit Promotion Candidates: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position.
002 - FDA Noncompetitive Candidates: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment as a current FDA employees who currently hold a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience and/or education related to the Writer-Editor GS-1082-9 position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service, that included assisting higher level specialist in researching factual information to write articles, Web copy, newsletters, or pamphlets for senior review; reviewing proposed publications for errors such as format, grammar, punctuation and spelling; and using desktop publishing software to prepare documents.
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience and/or education related to the Writer-Editor GS-1082-11 position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in Federal service, that included writing articles, Web copy, newsletters or publications that provide factual information according to agency policy; researching various sources to prepare writing assignments; and using software to incorporate illustrations, tables and/or charts into documents.
3. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to the Writer-Editor GS-1082-12 position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in Federal service, that included creating writing assignments dealing with highly complex and controversial topics; providing technical advice on the writing and editing of publications; developing presentations to meet the publishing objectives; and using various software systems to create materials for distribution.
4. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to the Writer-Editor GS-1082-13 position.A. I have At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in Federal service, that included developing a variety of scientific and/or legal publications; reviewing and approving other editor’s materials for publication; and developing authoritative information on program related materials.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Edit documents that are understandable and grammatically correct.
6. Create materials that turn policy-oriented language into an informative and easily understood document for the targeted audience.
7. Review documents, records, data, or other materials to verify compliance with legal requirements prior to the release of articles.
8. Interpret scientific terminology to convey the intended meaning of materials.
9. Conduct research to ensure accuracy of scientific information.
10. Consult with subject-matter experts and/ or program officials to confirm articles are accurate.
11. Research legal requirements prior to releasing articles to the public.
12. Determine the length and tone of a document based on defined objectives.
13. Review the content of written documents to identify areas of improvement.
14. Review written material for errors in grammar, punctuation and spelling.
15. Develop documents that are in compliance with editorial policies.
16. Use computer systems or applications to manipulate data for inclusion in written products.
17. Use computer software applications to incorporate graphs and/or charts in the page layouts of written documents.
18. Use electronic equipment to prepare documents for printing in accordance with an organization's guidelines.