Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the Attorney-Advisor position with the National Transportation Safety Board
This section will be used to determine if you possess the specialized experience and/or education needed to qualify for this position. Specialized experience for this position includes having advanced knowledge of federal laws, regulations, and procedures, marked by greater-than usual degree of technical or other difficulty and/or requiring a greater-than usual degree of attorney skills or abilities. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING. SELECT ONE LETTER ONLY. NOTE: YOUR RESUME MUST SUPPORT YOUR RESPONSE.
1. The Attorney occupation has specific educational requirements which apply to all positions. From the description below, choose the letter that BEST describes your education. (NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS. UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE ACCEPTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION BUT SELECTEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS BEFORE ENTRANCE ON DUTY.)A. I have successfully completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA), and have the first professional law degree (L.L.B. or J.D.).
2. Select the answer that best describes your bar certification. Select only one letter for this question.A. I am currently a member in good standing of a bar of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. (You MUST submit a copy of your current bar certification)
3. Select the one statement that best describes the specialized experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform at the GS-12 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.A. I have at least two years of professional legal experience after receiving my LL.B. or J.D., acquired after being admitted to the bar, commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position. An advanced law degree such as an LL.M. may substitute for one year of the required professional legal experience.
4. Select the one statement that best describes the specialized experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform at the GS-13 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.
5. Select the one statement that best describes the specialized experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.
6. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its support materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.