Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Supervisory Auditor (Bankruptcy)
Enter the lowest grade level (15-15) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. Applicants requesting consideration as a merit promotion, Schedule A, or non-competitive eligible candidate must include the appropriate required supporting documents with their application package.
The Specialty code(s) for this position are 001 and 002. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. - SF-50, performance appraisal and/or veterans documentation).
002 - Non competitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for non competitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for position at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted position covered under an interchange agreement, and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced this 780330. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a non competitive or special hiring authority.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the Supervisory Auditor (Bankruptcy) position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience you possess that demonstrates how you satisfy the education requirements. You must include a copy of your college transcript(s) and /or professional certification. Failure to include the necessary supporting documents will result in an ineligible rating.A. I have completed a degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Supervisory Auditor (Bankruptcy) work at the GS-15 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level and my experience includes the following: 1) manage and supervise professional and administrative support staff; 2) develop guidelines to implement U.S. Trustee Program policies and procedures for Standing Trustees; 2) evaluate performance of Trustees and providing expert advice on organizational standards and operational procedures.
3. Selective Placement Factors are part of the minimum requirements for a position, and applicants who do not meet it are ineligible for further consideration. Select the one statement that describes how you satisfy the selective placement factor.A. I have at least six (6) months bankruptcy experience which exhibits my knowledge of bankruptcy regulations and procedures. Note: Education cannot be substituted for the six months bankruptcy experience requirement.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
4. Apply professional accounting knowledge of bankruptcy laws and procedures to chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
5. Provides a variety of related accounting and auditing services associated with chapter 7 and chapter 11 matters
6. Examine corporate structures to determine the feasibility of the debtor's business' continued operation.
7. Lead teams from other Federal agencies in conducting audits and investigations.
8. Analyze bankruptcy cases filed by individual debtors to determine adequacy and accuracy of financial documents submitted.
9. Review debtor's books and financial records to recommend appropriate action to the U.S. Trustee.
10. Assign work to subordinates based on difficulty of assignments and staff capabilities.
11. Evaluates work performance of subordinates.
12. Hears and resolves complaints and grievances from employees.
13. Determine adequacy of disclosure statements and financial information provided by the debtor
14. Make informed judgments about proposed reorganization plans.
15. Review fee applications for accounting and financial services for reasonableness in relation to the services provided.
16. Reviews audits of trustees performed by Independent Public Accountants for thoroughness and adequacy
17. Identify weaknesses in trustee performance requiring corrective action.
18. Monitors bond level amounts for panel trustees to insure adequacy.
19. Verifies banking limits of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation are not exceeded, or are accommodated through alternative means
20. Ensure discharged cases are fully consistent with applicable law and regulation;
21. Prepares financial analyses and reports for presentation in court or other legal forum
22. Present in writing recommendations to the UST for appropriate discharge actions.
23. Develop written policies and procedures relating to a major project and/or program
24. Provide technical advice and assistance to resolve problems referred by staff.
25. Interviews candidates for position in unit and makes tentative selections.
26. Conduct conferences with the debtor to advice on financial reporting requirements.
27. Serve as an expert witness for the organization.
28. Negotiate settlement of matters involving significant or controversial issues.
29. Present ideas to those having diverse viewpoints, goals, or objectives.
30. Coordinate with auditing teams and subject-matter specialists integrating major bankruptcy audits.