Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
1. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following question pertains to this position's requirement of US Citzenship.
2. Are you a United States citizen?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your licensure and/or certification. Note: The Psychologist must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia
3. Are you licensed or certified by a state to practice psychology at the doctoral level?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your degree in Psychology and psychology internship training program. You must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). AND have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA.
4. Do you have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association?A. Yes
5. Have you successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA?A. Yes
New Veterans Health Administration (VHA) psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full on-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirements.
6. Have you successfully completed a VHA internship program meeting the requirements above?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your experience. In additional to meeting the basic requirement, you must also have experience that was obtained through employment as a psychologist or through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program that demonstrates 1) active professional practice that was paid/non-paid employment and/or 2) a full, current and unrestricted license. To be creditable, the experience must have required the use of knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics associated with current psychology practice and must also have been at the level comparable to professional psychology experience at the next lower grade. This experience is only creditable if it is post-doctoral degree experience as a professional psychologist directly related to the duties performed.
7. Do you have post-doctoral experience demonstrating possession comparable to professional psychology practice skills as described in the paragraph above?A. Yes
8. Do you have experience that was obtained through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program as described above?A. Yes
In the space provided below, you must also include information to support your possession of each of the required professional knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). This information will be used by the Professional Standards Board to determine your salary. The questionnaire will not allow you to skip any of the following KSAs. If these KSAs are fully addressed in your resume or vitae, please insert "See resume or vitae" in the space provided in order to proceed to the next item on the questionnaire.
KSA #1: Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
KSA #2: Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
KSA #3: Knowledge of clinical research literature.
KSA #4: Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies for veterans with combat-related PTSD.
KSA #5: Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
KSA #6: Ability to administer, score and interpret objective and subjective personality measures, as well as standardized intelligence and achievement test.
KSA #7: Ability to incorporate psychological test findings into a thorough comprehensive report that includes a diagnostic summary and treatment recommendations.
KSA #8: Ability to provide fair, principled and decisive leadership for a work environment that promotes shared accountability.
KSA #9: Ability to provide clinical supervision to non-licensed staff, interns, and practicum students in the areas of psychological assessment, consultation, treatment planning and best practice psychotherapeutic interventions to address various mental health related disorders.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
9. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
REMINDER- you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION REMINDER-You must submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference must also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage). For more information on the Veteran's Preference, go to www.opm.gov/veterans.