Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education related to the Biologist, 401.A. I possess a four year degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position. (You must submit transcript at time of application submission)
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education related to the Microbiologist, 403.A. I possess a four year degree in microbiology; or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent. (You must submit transcript demonstrating required coursework at time of application submission)
3. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education related to the Toxicologist, 415.A. I possess a four year degree in toxicology; or an appropriate discipline of the biological, medical, or veterinary sciences that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry, biochemistry, or physiology, and 12 semester hours in toxicology. (You must submit transcript demonstrating required coursework at time of application submission)
4. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education related to the Chemist, 1320.A. I possess a four year degree in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics OR I possess a combination of education and experience -- course work equivalent to a major as shown in A above, including at least 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics, plus appropriate experience or additional education. (You must submit transcript at time of application submission)
5. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to the position.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 in the Federal service that included: providing leadership and managerial direction to professional, technical, and support personnel that perform a variety of activities related to a food safety regulatory program; assisting in the development of policies and long range plans for such a program; and representing a program's position at various high level meetings and conferences.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Assist in the development and implementation of short and long range goals to reduce the incidence of foodborne illness and disease threats in the United States.
7. Provide leadership to ensure a strong public health and scientific underpinning to food safety and defense policies.
8. Evaluate activities to ensure that program goals and objectives are being met.
9. Oversee activities related to improving the coordination of foodborne illness response.
10. Lead projects related to the rapid detection of foodborne disease outbreaks.
11. Assist in the development and implementation of programs to protect consumer from deliberate attempts to contaminate food during food production, processing and distribution chains.
12. Execute food safety activities related to seafood science and technology.
13. Lead work groups related to food processing evaluation.
14. Coordinate risk analysis activities related to national and international food safety issues.
15. Evaluate program activities to strengthen food safety systems.
16. Evaluate employees against established performance standards.
17. Plan the activities or operations within a Division.
18. Adjust procedures or operations to comply with available resources.
19. Identify skill or knowledge gaps in staff to recommend appropriate training programs.
20. Develop performance standards for staff based on knowledge of organizational objectives and goals.
21. Develop and implement food safety policies and activities related to seafood safety.
22. Brief upper management on relevant scientific and policy issues.
23. Represent a Division of an organization to scientific professionals, regulatory industry officials or academia to discuss scientific and regulatory matters.
24. Negotiate for the acceptance of new or revised rules or policies with key external stakeholders
25. Write briefings on scientific or policy issues.