Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the Executive Assistant, GS-0301-13, position at our Agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet qualifications requirements for an Executive Assistant, GS-0301-13 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-13 level because I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: planning and conducting management analysis on internal and external procedures; assessing and interpreting policy; serving as liaison for preparation for meetings with domestic/international organizations, academia, media and heath regulatory professionals/organizations; obtaining and coordinating correspondence for special information requested by the White House, Members of Committees of Congress, DHHS, and other executive branches of the government; working closely with key officials of the Agency and offices within the Center regarding clarification and dissemination of instructions, information, and decisions emanating from the Immediate Officer of the Center Director.
2. Are you a current Center for Devices and Radiological Health employee?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Manage and coordinate special projects for Center Director/Deputy Center Directors that would otherwise necessitate a substantial amount of their time/attention.
4. Plan and conduct management analysis on internal/external procedures.
5. Identify potential problems and recommend solutions.
6. Actively interact with Center Director, Deputy Center Directors, and other various stakeholders inside and outside the organization to keep abreast their activities.
7. Provide the Center Director and other key personnel with guidance on Center/Agency activities, pending policy matters, and implications of current activities for the Center's programs.
8. Assess and interpret priorities of the utmost importance to the Center Director and his Deputies.
9. Obtain and coordinate responses for special information requested by the White House, Members of Committees of Congress, DHHS, and other executives within and outside the Federal Government.
10. Monitor work assignments received in OCD.
11. Coordinate meeting logistics for the Center Director within and outside the Center, including travel and lodging.
12. Develop and implement changes and improvements to the Office management, relieving the Center Director of much routine work as possible.