For item 1 please read the following statement carefully. Your response to this question will determine whether you will or will not be eligible for this position. If you respond No to any question in this section, you will not be eligible for consideration for this position.
1. Are you willing to submit to an initial background investigation?A. Yes
For item 2, please read the following statement carefully.
2. From the description below, select the ONE response that best describes your experience and/or education level that demonstrates you meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements for International Trade Specialist (sub-Saharan Africa).A. For the GS-09 level, I have a Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or I have a LL.B. or J.D., if related. This education was obtained at an accredited college or university. (Note: You must provide transcripts as verification of your education). (Foreign education must be comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States).
For items/tasks, choose ONE of the statements from the list below that best describes your HIGHEST level of work experience and/or training for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in this task.
3. Develop foreign assistance programs that support U.S. export promotion goals (e.g. infrastructure projects, trade missions) and host country development goals.
4. Gather and analyze information related to trends in economics and business, U.S. trade competitiveness, host country project development barriers, and project finance considerations that support U.S. exports and host country development goals.
5. Evaluate infrastructure project proposals for funding consideration, based on financial, technical, developmental and U.S. exports promotion potential.
6. Identify market access challenges and opportunities (e.g. identify growth sectors, possible foreign buyers and U.S. exporters, ways to overcome market barriers).
7. Plan, coordinate, and manage event-related program activity (e.g. conferences and trade missions) to promote U.S. exports and host country development.
8. Manage contracts with vendors/service providers, including drafting statements of work, evaluating project proposals reviewing contract deliverables and invoices, and ensuring that all contractual requirements are met.
9. Manage the progress of U.S. export promotion and foreign assistance programs to ensure objectives are being met; recommend modifications to programs, as needed, to ensure their success; and resolve conflicts between providers and beneficiaries of the assistance programs by mediating, and encouraging compliance with international business practices, for example.
10. Perform financial, technical, and other forms of due diligence to ensure the viability of potential beneficiaries of Agency assistance programs.
11. Compose highly technical reports analyzing projects in key infrastructure sectors (i.e., transportation, telecommunications, and energy), including how they are financed, and how they promote U.S. exports and host country economic development.
12. Prepare internal briefing papers for senior officials.
13. Prepare and deliver oral briefings, formal speeches, informal remarks, presentations, etc., involving complex technical information related to projects in key infrastructure sectors (i.e., transportation, telecommunications, and energy), how they are financed, and how they promote U.S. exports and host country economic development.
14. Lead effective meetings with diverse stakeholder groups.
15. Utilize strong quantitative skills to develop and review budgets for complex program-related activities.
16. Review highly technical analyses to identify gaps in formation and logic, make edits and recommendations for ensuring accuracy.
17. Draft highly technical analyses utilizing numerous information sources; locating accurate trade, export and financial data; interviewing senior public and private sector representatives for information; and identifying gaps in information and logic, them developing strategies to address these gaps.
18. Support organizational goals by accepting assignments from senior management through the chain of command; accepting supervision and guidance from colleagues at every working level; performing routine duties outside one's normal assignment; accepting policy decisions when made; and coordinating with other departments to further overall mission objectives.
19. Share and communicate information to a variety of Agency stakeholders to encourage the setting of goals and priorities, the implementation of those priorities, and the resolution of conflicts.
20. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.