Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 781307
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (13-14) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
Incumbent is required, as an incidental duty, to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license will then be required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?
You must meet the specialized experience requirements for GS-0340 comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level in the federal service. Please note that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your references provide. The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Be sure you describe your background as it relates to the duties of this position since your application or resume must support the response you select). For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-13 Superintendent. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-14 Superintendent. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
8. Perform the full range of management functions including planning, directing, and evaluating program activities, developing goals, and making long range program plans.
9. Monitor multi-program areas for accountability purposes, to include trust resources and assets.
10. Oversee progress toward agency goals and periodically evaluates and makes appropriate adjustments.
11. Assure statutory and regulatory requirements are met dealing with PL 93-638 contract responsibilities.
12. Respond to program changes, funding changes, interests of the Bureau and grantee which has a direct effect on the extent and quality of services provided to the Indian people.
13. Provide technical assistance to Tribes concerning Trust management, financial conditions, business, economics, and industry to improve their Tribal operations.
14. Develop and recommend alternatives to improve the Bureau's trust and delegated management responsibilities to protect and conserve individual Indian and tribal trust resources.
15. Analyze actions, problems and issues from tribes to carry out the Bureau's mission while assisting the tribes to understand and carry out responsibilities.
16. Administer support programs to create positive social attitudes which Indian people and the Tribes may move towards social and economic self-sufficiency.
17. Utilize management/supervisory principles and techniques to ensure the effective and efficient management and control of personnel, fiscal, property, and other administrative activities of an agency.
18. Examine current economic, political, and social trends and apply the information to policy development.
19. Evaluate program performance and project accomplishment to assess overall program effectiveness and efficiency.
20. Establish or implement programs dealing with workforce diversity issues.
21. Acquire and maintain working knowledge of relevant laws, rules, and regulatory requirements, court ruling, relative to Indian affairs in order to render sound decisions in administering Bureau programs and activities.
22. Keep abreast key organizational activities, policies, and priorities likely to affect operations or the program area.
23. Implement new or revised laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
24. Evaluate, monitor, or ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
25. Explain or provide guidance on laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to management, personnel, or clients.
26. Direct or interpret broad policies and guidelines for program planning, development and execution.
27. Negotiate with internal and external groups to facilitate program implementation.
28. Participate in multi-agency/disciplinary teams.
29. Make presentations to Tribal Officials, Councils, Organizations, and Committees about a variety of topics relative to BIA programs and the Government's Trust Relationship.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
30. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.