Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Environmental Health Scientist, GS-601-13.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Environmental Health Scientist, GS-0601-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in developing, analyzing, advising and/or implementing public health programs involving environmental health sciences, hazardous waste, and/or emergency chemical releases.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Independently evaluate environmental data for quality assurance/control, completeness, and relevance.
4. Assess site-specific public health impacts of identified hazardous substances.
5. Develop responses for Health Consultations requested by Federal, state, local agencies and the public.
6. Make environmental health recommendations regarding human health impacts resulting from exposure or potential exposure to hazardous substances.
7. Evaluate drafts of national guidance/policy for potential impact upon regional programs.
8. Assist with the development of health assessments for complex and/or politically sensitive hazardous waste sites/facilities.
9. Appraise the impact of chemicals at hazardous waste sites/facilities on exposure pathways.
10. Evaluate proposed contamination cleanup procedures and alternatives.
11. Represent an agency's policies/opinions to other federal, state or local agencies in order to explain environmental public health recommendations.
12. Conduct seminars, workshops, and committee meetings that relate to hazardous substance exposure or environmental health science issues.
13. Represent the agency at technical or public health symposiums or conferences.
14. Present technical materials at environmental health symposiums or conferences.15. Coordinate the development and distribution of scientific and technical environmental health educational materials and promotes the sharing of scientific and assistance in affected countries.
15. Attend public meetings and hearings to represent the agency.
16. Develop and prepare technical materials for publication and distribution to other Federal, state, and local agencies, and to the public.
17. Develop written responses for Health Consultations which have been requested by Federal, state, local agencies and the public.
18. Publish technical materials for use by Federal, state, local agencies and the public.
19. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.