1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Telecommunications Specialist at the GS-09 level.
2. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Telecommunications Specialist, at the GS-11 grade level.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
3. Establish technologies to support standard telecommunications operations.
4. Establish equipment and system capabilities to support standard telecommunications operations.
5. Establish equipment capabilities to support routine telecommunications functions.
6. Assist in using data from electronics systems to support operations.
7. Interact with in both formal and informal settings, such as communicating ideas, goals, policies, and regulations with co-workers or customers.
8. Discuss project information in meetings involving technical issues or in other assignments, such as serving as a point of contact for personnel outside of the organizational unit on procedural or technical matters.
9. Communicate routine policies and procedures on non-controversial programs.
10. Communicates with key personnel both internal and external to the agency in order to influence them to accept findings/recommendations on significant program issues.
11. Made presentation or verbal reports on information or assignments of a technical nature.
12. Participate in oral discussions to obtain, or give facts on basic technical programs.
13. Prepare written program materials that required the adaptation of guidelines and the use of a broad range of pertinent sources.
14. Apply grammar, writing, style, and editing guidelines and practices in producing written products containing technical, yet factual information.
15. Complete assignments requiring standardized written products, such as written products using template letters or material written in a standardized format.
16. Draft replies to general inquiries and requests for information concerning routine matters.
17. Independently execute work assignments, identifying work objectives and determining project approaches, specific project steps, input required, schedules, milestones, and resources required.
18. Execute work assignments, including identifying work components and setting deadlines, milestones, and responsibility areas.
19. Complete work assignments planned by supervisors, meeting critical deadlines, and accomplishing work, under general supervision.
20. Assist with preparing and completing work assignments planned by supervisors or higher specialist, and for which procedures were well documented.
21. Interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures supporting a telecommunications program specialty area or difficult telecommunications operations.
22. Interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures supporting an activity's telecommunications operations.
23. Apply rules and procedures supporting well-established telecommunications operations.
24. Assist with applying standard rules and procedures supporting limited and routing telecommunications functions.
25. Research technical and regulatory data and prepared organization policies, guidelines, and procedures on various aspects of the telecommunications program.
26. Identify technical information and develop data to analyze activity's telecommunications system.
27. Identify standard categories of technical information and extracted program data to analyze activity's current telecommunications operations.
28. Identify several categories of standard technical information and extracted data on status of telecommunications system.
29. Assist in preparing reports and analyzing telecommunications requirements, and operations.
30. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.