Have you received any Voluntary Separation Incentive Payments (VSIP) from the Federal Government within the last 5 years?
Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50’s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (will show a 1 in box 34 of SF-50) or I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume must include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Note: If you are responding yes, ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- is a veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume must include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
5. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
6. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the basic education requirement for the GS-1306, HEALTH PHYSICIST occupational series. Please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).A. Degree: natural science or engineering that included at least 30 semester hours in health physics, engineering, radiological science, chemistry, physics, biology, mathematics, and/or calculus.
2. GS-12: In addition to the required education, do you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-11) in the Federal service applying professional knowledge of health physics to evaluate or analyze the safe use of radiation? Examples of qualifying experience include the following duties: determine safe location or facility requirements for radiation producing equipment; train others on regulations pertaining to radiation safety; or develop standard operating procedures governing the transfer or disposal of radioactive materials.
3. GS-13: In addition to the required education, do you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-12) in the Federal service applying professional knowledge of health physics to plan or monitor programs in place for the protection of persons and their environments from unwarranted exposure to radiation? Examples of qualifying experience include the following duties: evaluate radiation producing equipment to determine facilities requirements; troubleshoot radiation safety programs to identify and resolve inconsistencies; or interpret Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations for application to an organization.A. Yes, I have one year of specialized experience as described above.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Oversee a radiation safety program in a laboratory, industrial or scientific setting.
5. Monitor the use of x-ray or other radiation producing equipment to ensure the protection of persons.
6. Identify corrective actions required when radiation safety violations or compromises occur.
7. Maintain a current inventory of radioactive materials to protect against loss or unauthorized use.
8. Instruct others regarding the risk of exposure to radioactive materials.
9. Orient employees to policies and procedures in the use of radiation producing equipment.
10. Develop training programs for employees involved or exposed to radioactive materials or processes.
11. Advise key decision makers on gaps in training or education programs within an organization.
12. Determine the suitability of space and facilities for the storage of radioactive materials and equipment.
13. Create standard operating procedures for the handling of radioactive materials and equipment.
14. Oversee the safety of radioactive materials or equipment when being moved to a new location.
15. Create emergency procedures for use in situations where exposure to radioactive materials
16. Implement Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for the use and handling of radioactive materials and equipment.
17. Evaluate precedents and decisions regarding radioactive materials and equipment to determine impact on local policies or processes.
18. Identify best practices in ensuring compliance with nuclear regulations across an organization.
19. Plan projects to test existing systems or processes involving radiation safety.
20. Evaluate resources (e.g., staffing, equipment, finances) for toxic waste cleanup projects.
21. Create planning documents to identify and support project-related functions.
22. Implement strategies and/or action plans to complete projects.
23. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.