1. From the descriptions below, select one statement that best describes your experience/education to meet the basic requirements for this position, Program Analyst, at the GS- 11 level. Mark only one response.
2. From the descriptions below, select one statement that best describes your experience to meet the basic requirements for this position, Program Analyst, at the GS- 12 level. Mark only one response.
SKILL IN PROGRAM EVALUATIONS
From the statement below, select one of the items that most matches your experience:
3. Analyze interrelated issues of effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of substantive mission-oriented programs.
4. Develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of a program.
5. Conduct evaluations of ongoing functions to ensure goals are met.
6. Identify areas where operational efficiency can be enhanced.
7. Devise new analytical techniques to evaluate findings.
ABILITY TO PERFORM PROGRAM PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT WORK
8. Make decisions concerning planning, organizing, and conducted studies which are complicated by conflicting program goals and objectives.
9. Perform long-range planning and analysis of new programs.
10. Apply qualitative and quantitative methods to assess goals.
11. Estimate short- and long-range personnel, budgetary, space, and equipment needs.
12. Direct the capture, reporting, and analysis of statistical data relating to operation.
SKILL IN PROVIDING PROGRAM AND POLICY ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
13. Oversee the development of new policies and procedures.
14. Provide advice and guidance to resolve issues that involve major areas of uncertainty.
15. Prepare short- and long-range planning guidance in accordance with broad program policies and objectives.
16. Prepare guidance based on analyses of interrelated issues of effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of programs.
17. Prepare detailed plans, goals, objectives, requirements, and criteria for complex or high-value management processes and systems.
18. Develop standards for new and substantially altered program functions.
ABILITY TO PRESENT FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
19. Present findings and recommendations on complex issues impacting major programs.
20. Make recommendations pertaining to complex, interrelated issues or have conflicting goals and objectives.
21. Provide recommendations that impact long-range implementation and administration of programs.
CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your response accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.A. Yes, I verify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my rating may be lowered and/or I may be removed from further consideration.