Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 782490
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (04-05) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
4. The incumbent is required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties; therefore, you must possess a valid state Driver's License. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?A. Yes.
5. For all positions titled as Office Automation or any clerical positions which has parenthetical title of Office Automation (OA), applicants must have typing proficiency of 40 words per minute (wpm) and knowledge of general office automation software, such as, word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc.
To be eligible for (OA) positions, you must be able to: type 40 words per minute; possess knowledge of general office automation software, such as word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc.
NOTE: A falsification of this certification may be used as grounds for not employing you, or for dismissal.
DO YOU HEREBY CERTIFY THAT YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THIS SELF-CERTIFICATION STATEMENT?
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-4 Legal Assistant. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least one year of general experience in clerical, office and regulatory, procedural, and program related knowledge to examine legal instruments and associated supporting documents.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-5 Legal Assistant. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-4 level that involved receiving and reviewing a variety of legal instruments including probate orders, probate order modifications, rights-of-way, easements, surface and sub-surface leases, mortgages and determine purpose of legal instruments. Utilize computer software systems for encoding legal instruments information into TAAMS. Review documents to determine accuracy on probates, deeds and encumbrances.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 points)
8. Maintain computer data base and paper files of legal instruments for verification of record.
9. Transcribe land ownership information data from the land records automated system to ensure data is correct.
10. Prepare extracted data into an inventory report for Managers for certification.
11. Assure trust relationship of government and Indian tribes or individuals is maintained as it pertains to land and maintenance of title.
12. Maintain a log book for incoming and outgoing title status reports for auditing verification.
13. Prepare title status reports that conform to data being collected.
14. Collaborate with other personnel in the office with customer service.
15. Determine land splits where applicable when posting.
16. Draft final form of correspondence involving legal descriptions of land for review and signature.
17. Assign appropriate prefix and suffix to tracts that pertain to land descriptions.
18. Determine omissions of encumbrances as it pertains to plot land descriptions.
19. Examine new documents for confirmation of land description.
20. Post information to land indexes and tract ownership files.
21. Review decedent listing and census records.
22. Analyze probate orders to ensure all information is correct.
23. Route probate order modifications to lead examiner for completeness
24. Review legal instruments to verify if appropriate areas have been completed for recording purposes.
25. Initiate processing of legal instruments.
26. Verify individual's identification numbers.
27. Assure all reference documents are attached and required information is in compliance.
28. Consolidate legal instrument data with official land records and people files.
29. Advise judgment when reviewing legal instruments to determine its intent.
30. Determine what procedure or instruction to apply to incoming or outgoing legal instrument correspondence.
31. Operate a personal computer or computer terminal to create or edit legal instruments.
32. Initiate title status reports and new data into trust land database software.
33. Operate a calculator.
34. Operate a typewriter.
35. Operate a copy machine for duplicating record copies of legal instruments.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
36. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.