Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 782651
Supervisory Social Worker
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.aspA. Yes.
4. Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?A. Yes, I certify that I possess a valid State Drivers License.
5. From the descriptions below, select the answer that most accurately and specifically describes the education you have that demonstrates how you meet the Basic Qualification Requirement for the Social Worker, GS-0185 series. Mark only 1 response. Please note that your answer will be verified against the information you provide in your resume and application. (NOTE: You must submit a complete, legible copy of your official transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievement and receive credit for this basic requirement.)A. I have a master's degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-13 Supervisory Social Worker. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service which involved applying professional knowledge of the principles and practices of social work; providing direct services to individuals and families, and groups; educating or providing instruction, training, consultation and/or advice on social work related questions and services.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 Point)
7. Participates in the implementation of a agency Child Welfare Program within established Agency policy and objectives.
8. Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
9. Uses judgment in interpreting and adapting guidelines such as agency policies, regulations, precedents, and work directions for application to specific cases or problems.
10. Establishes organizational strategies, goals, objectives, or priorities.
11. Evaluates social service programs for compliance with tribal and federal laws and federal regulations.
12. Keeps abreast of key organizational activities, policies, and priorities likely to affect operations or the program area.
13. Provides advice and guidance in the interpretation and application of social services statues, regulations, and policies.
14. Plan cooperative programs in conjunction with individuals and community organizations oriented self-improvement in the areas of social, economic, recreational, health, education and welfare.
15. Provide guidance and technical assistance regarding social, economic, recreational, health, education and welfare situations.
16. Questions, interviews, or confers with others to obtain or verify information.
17. Counsels or provides guidance to individuals with specific needs
18. Provides information about opportunities, services, or resources.
19. Prepares and files legal pleadings or documents.
20. Determines appropriate services for clients or customers.
21. Analyze program review findings to identify methods to improve service delivery to clients
22. Determines resource requirements based on program or project objectives or operational needs.
23. Monitors programs, projects, operations, or activities.
24. Collects, compiles, and organizes information.
25. Searches for and extracts information from files, documents, reports, publications, recordings, or other materials.
26. Reviews reports, documents, records, data, or other materials to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, compliance, or authenticity.
27. Maintain close working relationship with tribal, county, state, federal, public and private programs and resources.
28. Collaborates with others or works on teams to accomplish work-related activities.
29. Observes individuals, activities, or operations to obtain or verify information.
30. Identifies needs or problems.
31. Discusses results, problems, plans, suggestions, terms, or conditions with others.
32. Deals with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed.
33. Negotiates with others to reach an agreement, settlement, compliance, or a solution.
34. Prepare and present findings and recommendations.
35. Completes forms, documents, or routine reports.
36. Participates in or represents the organization or clients at briefings, meetings, or conferences.
37. Notifies individuals or offices in writing of decisions, problems, or further actions needed.
38. Explains or justify decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations.
39. Provides or disseminates information orally.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
40. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITY: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF50s) is received.