Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist, GS-0601-14.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist, GS-601-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service to successfully perform the duties assigned, to include developing and implementing evaluation designs and measures for mixed methods evaluations, translating evaluation findings into recommendations for program improvement, developing analytical frameworks for reporting measures of progress and publishing scientific results.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Identify questions of public health importance to impact prevention programs.
4. Present findings to public health officials to improve public health practice.
5. Oversee formative research prior to implementation of large scale public health programs to ensure that the best methods are used.
6. Provide advice and assistance in the development and implementation of procedures, methods and strategies for obtaining and using scientific data.
7. Experience in analyzing quantitative data using statistical methods
8. Experience in analyzing qualitative data through theme identification, development of coding schemes and data sorting.
9. Assess the adequacy and quality of data used in the analyses to ensure valid results.
10. Disseminate research findings and assure the usage and application to prevention programs.
11. Communicate scientific findings or ideas orally where the subject of the communication relates to public health science.
12. Collaborate with analysts and statisticians to develop joint analyses, reports and publications.
13. Author or co-author articles, research findings and/or public health relevant position papers in peer-reviewed publications, scholarly journals or national reports.
14. Develop scientific publications, data summaries, and other documents communicating scientific findings.
15. Develop surveillance and monitoring and evaluation reports.
16. Approve the substance of progress reports, literature searches, contract changes, or other action documents that reflect the position of the organization and the views of the agency.
17. Present research findings at public meetings, interagency science forums, national or international meetings or at briefings of high-level officials.
18. Provide scientific consultative services to difficult programs or projects that have unusually demanding scientific problems or issues.
19. Communicate technical and non-technical information to persons with diverse backgrounds and knowledge.
20. Participate on cross-branch workgroups charged with addressing or developing guidance on selected challenges in disease prevention.
21. Design and develop monitoring and evaluation data collection, management and analysis systems.
22. Manage data collection and analysis aspects of public health monitoring and evaluation projects.
23. Provide scientific technical consultations to state and local health organizations and conduct site visits to monitor the performance of monitoring and evaluation projects.
24. Design the evaluation of public health program effectiveness by measuring and assessing the extent of behavioral change.
25. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.