In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
1. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your degree in Psychology and psychology internship training program. You must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). AND have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. (New Veterans Health Administration (VHA) psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirements.)
2. Do you have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association? (Transcripts required)A. Yes
3. Based on the description above, choose the answer that best describes your internship training program. (Include Internship on resume)A. I have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that have been accredited by APA.
The following questions pertain to your licensure and/or certification. Note: At the GS 13 level, The Psychologist must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia (MUST SUBMIT COPIES). Those who are unlicensed and/or who have a license with 1 year of postdoctoral experience would apply to the GS 11 or 12 level. (Licensure or certification must be attached)
4. Based on the description above, Choose the best answer that explains your licensure. (if licensed -submit documentation)A. I am a licensed or certified by a state to practice psychology at the doctoral level?
The following questions pertain to your experience.
For GS 11, no experience is needed beyond the basic requirements.
or GS 12, at least one year of professional experience is required that
is equivalent to the next lower grade level. For GS 13, there must be
two or more years of clinical experience comparable to that one would
get in a VA setting, either by post-doctoral employment or two years
of employment as a psychologist. A psychologist must be licensed at
the GS 13 level. To be creditable, the experience must have required
the use of knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics
associated with current psychology practice and must also have been
at the level comparable to professional psychology experience at the
next lower grade. This experience is only creditable if it is post-
doctoral degree experience as a professional psychologist directly
related to the duties performed.
5. Choose the best response that indentifies your level of experience.A. I have only the basic requirements listed above.
Instructions: For each task below, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
6. Provide a full range of psycho-diagnostic and psychological assessment services.
7. Conducts clinical interviews, structured personality evaluations, and cognitive/neuropsychological screening.
8. Provide a full range of psychotherapeutic intervention for inpatient and outpatients and their families/caregivers, including cognitive behavioral approaches to facilitate post-injury adjustment, psycho education, interpersonal psychotherapy, and other related evidence-based interventions as appropriate.
9. Ability to communicate with other medical staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.
10. Conduct compensation and pension examinations or other diagnostic clinical interviews.
11. Provide clinical supervision to various disciplines and levels of training, including psychology interns, practicum students, and postdoctoral fellows as well as medical students and residents, nursing students, and other graduate trainees as appropriate.
12. Serve as a consultant to other medical center staff and trainees to assist in their formulation of the psychological characteristics and appropriate treatment expectations regarding their patients.
13. Ability to complete all clinical charting and documentation as appropriate.
14. Serve on various committees both locally and nationally and/or participates in local, state, and national professional organizations.
15. Knowledge of clinical research literature. This may include the ability to plan and oversee the completion of personal research programs and/or presenting outcome data and research results at professional meetings.
16. Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the facility where the vacancy is located?A. Yes
17. Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the Department of Veteran Affairs? If so, please include a copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that has Items 24 and 34 completed.A. Yes
18. Are you a Veteran eligible for Veteran Preference? If yes, please include a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service).A. Yes
Please certify that you have accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy.
19. VERFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.
REMINDER- you must provide a complete Application Package which included: FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL DOCUMENTATION WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF CONSIDERATION. VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations
CV or Resume
Proof of current certification, licensure or registration
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION REMINDER-You must submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicants claiming 10-Point preference must also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage). For more information on the Veteran's Preference, go to www.opm.gov/veterans .