Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level planning, implementing, and managing problem management systems designed to effectively recognize, report, track, and resolve problems; develops and updates customer support policies and procedures to ensure appropriate responses to future incidents of a similar nature; explores ways to upgrade or enhance the level of services provided and implement changes in responses to customer requirements.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Provide tactical, hands-on leadership, planning, execution and oversight to a large scale Information Technology organization/unit and/or Division in a federal agency or in the private sector.
4. Exercise leadership and managerial skills, motivate people to accomplish the work of an organization through technical direction and administrative oversight of others, guide work projects, coach and mentor, team build, problem solve and change management.
5. Manage an IT Customer Support Group within an organization.
6. Provide leadership and strategies in an Enterprise IT Operations environment centering on program direction, priorities, and integration.
7. Manage multiple areas of request fulfillment including customer service and product provisioning.
8. Experience in IT service operational support and problem resolution.
9. Inform customers of problems and instruct them in taking necessary actions.
10. Resolve complaints from internal and external customers and/or employees.
11. Identify potential problems and/or errors in the IT environment that to minimize the impact on mission operations.
12. Strong communication skills to effectively articulate orally and in writing to individuals or groups, taking into account the audience and nature of the information conveyed.
13. Make clear and convincing presentations, listen effectively, and clarify information.
14. Consult with experts in other specialty areas to develop integrated action plans.
15. Develop and update policies/procedures for instruction manuals.
16. Develop a complex annual budget for a region with several offices which includes travel, training, overtime, equipment needs and contracts.
17. Develop specifications for user instruction manuals.
18. Ensure appropriate technical and contractual oversight is maintained to guarantee success of multiple projects with fiscal responsibility.
19. Provide leadership and direction to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the end user services and support process.
20. Develop and provide information to customers in the most efficient and effective manner.
21. Initiate and sustain customer outreach to pro-actively manage sources by ensuring IT programs are integrated into an organization's IT programs and budgets and report results to senior executives on a regular basis.
22. Issue technical bulletins via the intranet.
23. Articulate performance and conduct expectations for all levels of the organization.
24. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.