1. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service, that included: formulating regulatory policies and guidelines that impact food safety and defense procedures; serving as a technical advisor on practices and programs regarding food safety and defense; leading analytical tests to assess the effects of proposed changes in regulation and policies; conductitng vulnerability assessments on the food supply in accordance with HSPD9; and developing materials (i.e. presentations, reports, back ground materials) for presenting information on food defense initiatives to a diverse audience?A. Yes, I have the experience described above.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Formulate regulatory policy on food defense procedures that protect against intentional food contamination.
3. Evaluate food defense programs to identify emerging issues that impact policy procedures.
4. Develop strategies to initiate programs that focus on enhancing food defense measures for intentional contamination.
5. Prepare legislative proposals that promote food defense awareness.
6. Draft policies to enhance food defense measures.
7. Conduct analytical studies to assess compliance of food standard regulations with the Bioterrorism Act of 2002.
8. Provide technical guidance related to policy enforcement in the area of food defense.
9. Communicate current science activities within food defense programs to a diverse audience at formal meetings.
10. Represent an organization as a senior official at conferences that focus on key food defense issues.
11. Provide technical guidance to stakeholders by explaining current policies related to food defense programs.
12. Develop responses from internal and/or external organizations (i.e. Congress, Federal agencies, state, academia, consumers) to provide guidance on food defense practices.
13. Develop presentations on food defense programs for intergovernmental and/or international meetings.
14. Develop informational material to provide technical assistance to other professional staff on policies that govern food defense programs.
15. Review regulatory documents for compliance with food defense policies.