1. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, that included: assisting in the development and/or modifications of regulatory policies and guidelines that impact food safety and defense procedures; providing technical advice on bioterrorism preparedness, food defense, and epidemiological analysis; conducting international and domestic outreach related to food defense; and assisting in the development of material (i.e. presentations, reports, back ground materials) for presenting information on food defense initiatives?A. Yes, I have the experience described above.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Participate on teams in the formulation of regulatory policy on food defense procedures that protect against intentional food contamination.
3. Evaluate food defense programs to identify emerging issues that impact policy procedures.
4. Recommend strategies to initiate programs that focus on enhancing food defense measures for intentional contamination.
5. Participate in working groups to formulate legislative proposals that promote food defense awareness.
6. Draft policies, for senior official review, to enhance food defense measures.
7. Conduct analytical studies to assess compliance of food standard regulations with the Bioterrorism Act of 2002.
8. Provide technical guidance related to policy enforcement in the area of food defense.
9. Research current science activities within food defense programs to communicate this information to others.
10. Represent a program at internal agency meetings that focus on key food defense issues.
11. Provide technical guidance to stakeholders by explaining current policies related to food defense programs.
12. Participate in the development of responses from internal and/or external organizations (i.e. Congress, Federal agencies, state, academia, consumers) to provide guidance on food defense practices.
13. Develop presentations on food defense programs for senior management.
14. Develop informational material to provide technical assistance to other professional staff on policies that govern food defense programs.
15. Review regulatory documents for compliance with food defense policies.