Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, that included: assisting in the development and/or modifications of regulatory policies and guidelines that impact food safety and defense procedures; providing technical advice on bioterrorism preparedness, food defense, and epidemiological analysis; conducting international and domestic outreach related to food defense; and assisting in the development of material (i.e. presentations, reports, back ground materials) for presenting information on food defense initiatives?A. Yes, I have the experience described above.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Participate on teams in the formulation of regulatory policy on food defense procedures that protect against intentional food contamination.
3. Evaluate food defense programs to identify emerging issues that impact policy procedures.
4. Recommend strategies to initiate programs that focus on enhancing food defense measures for intentional contamination.
5. Participate in working groups to formulate legislative proposals that promote food defense awareness.
6. Draft policies, for senior official review, to enhance food defense measures.
7. Conduct analytical studies to assess compliance of food standard regulations with the Bioterrorism Act of 2002.
8. Provide technical guidance related to policy enforcement in the area of food defense.
9. Research current science activities within food defense programs to communicate this information to others.
10. Represent a program at internal agency meetings that focus on key food defense issues.
11. Provide technical guidance to stakeholders by explaining current policies related to food defense programs.
12. Participate in the development of responses from internal and/or external organizations (i.e. Congress, Federal agencies, state, academia, consumers) to provide guidance on food defense practices.
13. Develop presentations on food defense programs for senior management.
14. Develop informational material to provide technical assistance to other professional staff on policies that govern food defense programs.
15. Review regulatory documents for compliance with food defense policies.