Applicants must meet the BASIC REQUIREMENT for at least one of the series listed in questions 1-3 for further consideration for the position.
BASIC REQUIREMENT, GENERAL BIOLOGICAL SCIENTIST, GS-0401
1. Select one response from the choices below to describe how you meet the Basic Requirement for the GENERAL BIOLOGICAL SCIENTIST series, GS-0401.
BASIC REQUIREMENT, GENERAL ENGINEER, GS-0801
2. Select one response from the choices below to describe how you meet the Basic Requirement for the GENERAL ENGINEER series, GS-0801.
BASIC REQUIREMENT, PHYSICAL SCIENTIST, GS-1301
3. Select one response from the choices below to describe how you meet the Basic Requirement for the PHYSICAL SCIENTIST series, GS-1301.
In addition to meeting the Basic Requirement for at least one series above, all applicants must meet the ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT for further consideration for the position.
4. Select one response from the choices below to describe how you meet the Additional Requirement for this position.
KNOWLEDGE OF CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL THREATS, AGENT DETECTION SYSTEMS, DECONTAMINATION PROCEDURES AND INCIDENT MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Apply detection technologies to defend civilian populations against an attack.
6. Recover critical infrastructure following an attack.
7. Evaluate and advise on new equipment, systems, tools and products used in detecting and countering chemical and biological weapons.
8. Deploy innovative systems to protect the homeland from chemical and biological attacks.
9. Apply methods and procedures for test and evaluation of detection technologies and decontamination procedures for chemical and biological agents.
10. Analyze, synthesize and interpret statistical and scientific data to evaluate performance and effectiveness of technologies and procedures.
ABILITY TO APPLY METHODS FOR TEST AND EVALUATION; AND SYNTHESIS, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA TO ASSESS DETECTION AND/OR DECONTAMINATION SYSTEMS PERFORMANCE
11. Conceptualize sustainable technologies and systems and employ modeling to anticipate, prevent, defeat and mitigate catastrophic terrorist attacks.
12. Support analysis of potential performance using test and evaluation tools and techniques such as laboratory and field assessments, statistical inference, data mining, modeling and simulations.
13. Originate ideas leading to projects extending beyond the immediate organization and provide the scientific and qualitative bases for critical decisions and policy.
KNOWLEDGE OF ACQUISITION MANAGEMENT AND RDT&E TO EFFECTIVELY ANALYZE AND EVALUATE GOALS, OBJECTIVES, AND TECHNICAL AND PROGRAMMATIC APPROACHES
14. Plan, execute, and evaluate RDT&E efforts with high potential to incorporate and enhance detection systems and technologies.
15. Review activities of contractors for compliance with quality, testing, schedule requirements, and efficient use of funds.
16. Recommend changes in funding for projects based on technical achievements and end user needs.
17. Apply advanced or recently developed techniques to complex test and evaluation problems in a new or creative fashion.
SKILL IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
18. Plan and implement projects for development of innovative systems to detect and protect from harmful chemical substances and biological agents.
19. Incorporate test and evaluation events and resources into project execution plans for final acceptance by end users.
20. Plan chemical and biological basic and applied research programs.
21. Prepare and maintain project execution plans and documentation including technology, development, and implementation plans; Gantt charts; and budget expenditure plans for multiple projects.
22. Seek annual authorization via established processes to secure sufficient funds to execute project plans.
23. Work within an Integrated Project Team process to engage customers and users to understand their operational needs and define requirements for new technology solutions.
24. Provide advice to senior management officials and key decision-makers on RDT&E issues concerning systems, technologies, and policies to counter biological and chemical terrorism.
25. Represent the organization at national and international conferences on chemical and biological defense-related technologies and procedures.
26. Interface with Federal agencies, state or foreign governments, high-ranking officials at national or international levels or private enterprises engaged in similar work to promote cooperation and exchange information and ideas.
27. Lead working groups to facilitate and gather input, requirements, data, and other information in support of test planning.
28. Review test and evaluation programs to write reports addressing adequacy of test design, accuracy of results, statistical validity, interpretation of conclusion, and quality of individual and component test and evaluation program strategy and management.
29. Develop, present and defend test and evaluation results to senior officials and leadership.
30. Compose and review requirements (operational, technical, performance, Key Performance Parameters) and requirements documentation for test and evaluation efforts.
CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
31. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your response accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.