Vacancy ID: 783353 Announcement Number: SE2XXXX-04-783353NH472063-D USAJOBS Control Number: 330887400Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes how you meet the basic requirement for a Computer Engineer. YOU MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETE COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS OR AN ITEMIZED LIST OF COLLEGE COURSES WHICH INCLUDES EQUIVALENT INFORMATION FROM THE TRANSCRIPT.A. I possess a degree in professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B. Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following: Professional registration -- Current registration as a professional engineer by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico; Written Test -- Evidence of having successfully passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination, or the written test required for professional registration, which is administered by the Boards of Engineering Examiners in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico; Specified academic courses -- Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included the courses specified in the basic requirements; Related curriculum -- Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance.
C. I do not have the education requirements listed in A or B above.
2. From the statements below, choose the response that best describes your education and/or experience that meets the basic requirements for the position. YOU MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETE COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS OR AN ITEMIZED LIST OF COLLEGE COURSES WHICH INCLUDES EQUIVALENT INFORMATION FROM THE TRANSCRIPT.A. I have a bachelor's degree in computer science.
B. I have a related bachelor's degree that includes 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have been in any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus.
C. I do not have the education as described above.
3. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of the position being filled.A. I have one year of specialized experience at the GS-11 grade level or next lower pay band in the Federal sector or equivalent experience in the public or private sector performing the following duties: 1) developing and integrating software applications associated with different operating systems in an enterprise environment, 2) developing and configuring relational databases, 3) providing direction for non-functional and software requirements, and 4) managing project expectations through continuous communication with technical personnel. NOTE: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
B. I do not have the experience as described above.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of the job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in this task because of my expertise.
4. Developing software applications in an enterprise environment for implementation.
5. Leading team members in software application development to ensure software quality standards are met.
6. Identifying technical limitations of software design to recommend viable solutions for achieving customer satisfaction.
7. Interfacing with technical leadership and staff to manage product expectations.
8. Analyzing data to design and configure relational databases.
9. Utilizing Agile/SCRUM methodologies to develop software applications.
10. Directing projects/assignments to accomplish specific organizational goals within designated timeframes.
11. Annuitant/Retiree-I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
12. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this statement, have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
B. I do not accept this agreement and/or I no longer wish to be considered for this position.