Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50’s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (will show a 1 in box 34 of SF-50) or I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume must include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Note: If you are responding yes, ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- is a veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume must include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
5. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
6. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1082-09 Writer- Editor. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are substituting education for experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts to verify your claim).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-07) in the Federal service writing or editing materials for publication. Examples of qualifying experience may include: editing, proofreading, indexing for release such as research, regulations, articles, training materials, and brochures, etc.; utilizing fact-finding or investigative techniques to gather and summarize information.
2. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1082-11 Writer- Editor. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are substituting education for experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts to verify your claim).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-09) in the Federal service writing and editing materials for publication. Examples of qualifying experience may include: writing and/or editing materials such as reports, regulations, articles, newsletters, magazines, news releases, training materials, brochures, etc.; utilizing fact-finding or investigative techniques to gather and summarize information; or managing the design, organization, or presentation of printed materials for publications.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Write and/or edit written materials for publication such as reports, regulations, articles, newsletters, magazines, news releases, training materials, brochures, interpretive handbooks, pamphlets, guidebooks, scholarly works, reference works, speeches, or scripts.
4. Perform copyediting and proofreading to produce informational publications or knowledge products.
5. Perform substantive editing to organize, balance, and complete deficient materials to meet publishing objectives.
6. Apply electronic production methods to edit manuscripts and manage manuscript reviews.
7. Utilize desktop publishing technology to prepare manuscripts.
8. Apply knowledge of design, production, and printing methodologies to ensure effective layouts for publication.
9. Generate and file paperwork required at all phases of publication.
10. Utilize database and spreadsheet software to track all stages of publication.
11. Analyze organization and design of publications to ensure effective presentation.
12. Ensure materials are presented in a manner appropriate to the intended audience.
13. Determine materials required to support the product's intended format and medium.
14. Analyze ideas to recommend appropriate processes to achieve desired products.
15. Develop and present scholarly materials for various audiences.
16. Ensure that document conclusions are consistent with the facts presented.
17. Coordinate inputs from multiple sources to ensure cohesive final products.
18. Tailor products to be consistent with organizational requirements.
19. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.