Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 00.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes how you meet the education requirement for Medical Officer.
2. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience in a senior executive capacity with responsibility to provide leadership in planning, coordinating, and evaluating public health research programs in the areas of toxicology, and/or epidemiology and environmental medicine?A. I have all of the experience described above.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Participate in the development and formulation of science policy and program objectives for environmental public health.
Coordinate and provide interpretation and guidance on overall regulatory policies, complex and sensitive issues, assuring communication with stakeholders at all levels.
5. Direct local, state, or national complex and sensitive issue environmental public health program for an organization.
6. Develop, implement, and evaluate environmental public health activities and scientific research for national programs.
7. Provide scientific leadership to federal, state, local, and national organizations, and scientific communities.
8. Coordinate programs, research, and activities with federal, non-federal and tribal officials.
9. Formulate long-range plans to achieve the strategic objectives of the organization.
10. Provides national leadership, guidance, and direction on science policy and program issues.
11. Coordinate review of program's projects and budget initiatives proposals for approval.
Oversee and evaluate the methodologies and procedures to ensure validity of advances in research techniques.
13. Provide executive leadership, strategic direction, and managerial oversight to professional, technical, and support personnel.
14. Provide overall direction for an organization in the development of new initiatives to achieve overall goals and annual and ongoing program planning.
15. Provide internal and external consultation and leadership to public health experts and research scientists.
16. Review and make decisions on program direction and operational strategies.
17. Formulate long-range plans to achieve the strategic objectives of the organization.
18. Perform the administrative and personnel management functions relative to staff supervised.
19. Assure that staff is trained to comply with the provisions of safety regulations.
20. Establish guidelines and performance expectations for staff.
21. Exercise leadership to ensure all programs under supervision reflect the principles of workforce and career development.
22. Provide supervison and gudiance to senior staff on medical realated issues.
23. Speak for an organization at conferences and meetings with officials and program staff.
24. Represent an organization with state and local officals, and during public forums with citizens to provide critical interface for programs and objectives.
25. Represent an organization at meetings, presentations, and hearings with congressional staff.
Establish and maintain personal contact with public and private sector health and academic professional representing diverse groups at both State and Federal levels.
Evaluate reports by analyzing facts and performing appropriately research and detail responses to achieve organizational goals.
28. Prepare manuscripts, reports, position or other papers for peer reviewed publications.
29. Develop and implement program policies and guidelines.
30. Develop and implement program objectives and the plans and programs for achieving those objectives.
31. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.