Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 783487
Supervisory Civil Engineer (Highway)
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (13-14) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designated to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432, as outlined in the vacancy announcement. This is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload you latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
3. Are you a Veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5-point or 10-point preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10-point preference.A. Yes.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?A. Yes, I certify that I possess a valid Driver's License.
Thank you for your interest in the Supervisory Civil Engineer (Highway), GS-810-14 position located in Gallup, New Mexico. Responses to this questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated to determine your qualifications for this position. Carefully follow all instructions before submitting your responses. You must select only ONE response for each item. If you change a response, be certain to erase (uncheck) the incorrect response before you submit the application. Once you have submitted your application, items with more than one response or items that are left blank will not receive credit.
5. Please select one response from choices A, B, or C below that best reflects your education and/or experience in meeting the Basic Entry Requirements for this position. Please read all responses prior to making your selection.A. Degree: professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statistics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. NOTE: Transcripts MUST be submitted to document your educational accomplishments.
Respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best represents your experience and training for the GS-0810 positions. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your resume or application and information provided by your references
6. For the GS-13 Grade Level: Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-13 Supervisory Civil Engineer (Highway). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I meet the basic requirement and have 1 year specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that included the performing, supervising, and oversight of professional highway work related to the development, design, planning, construction, and maintenance of transportation projects.
7. For the GS-14 Grade Level: Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-14 Supervisory Civil Engineer (Highway). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I meet the basic requirement and have 1 year specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that included the Professional highway engineering work experience as an expert consultant on all phases of highway design and construction with specialized knowledge of geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, computer science, hydrology, structural engineering, highway engineering, traffic engineering and other subject related to highway design and construction. Nonroutine highway engineering work that required and was characterized by (1) professional knowledge of Civil Engineering (Highway); (2) professional ability to apply such knowledge to Highway engineering problems; and (3) positive and continuing development of professional knowledge and ability. Professional knowledge of Highway engineering as the comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences applicable to the specialty field of Civil Engineering (Highway) that characterizes a full 4-year professional engineering curriculum leading to a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent. Professional ability to apply engineering knowledge is defined as the ability to (a) apply fundamental and diversified professional Highway engineering concepts, theories, and practices to achieve highway engineering objectives with versatility, judgment, and perception; (b) adapt and apply methods and techniques of related scientific disciplines; and (c) organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate scientific data in the solution of Highway engineering problems.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
8. Administers contract construction of highways, bridges, reinforced concrete culverts, and other drainage structures.
9. Develops engineered construction drawings, specifications, and cost estimates for implementation of transportation improvement projects.
10. Makes long-range evaluations on roads construction and maintenance program goals and objectives to redefine to meet new emphasis in the Transportation program.
11. Coordinates Geographic Information System (GIS) data for preliminary and final design efforts.
12. Provides technical expertise to tribal, state, local and federal entities regarding transportation design.
13. Consults with Highway Engineers of the Federal Highway Administration, State of New Mexico, and counties with regard to location, planning, design, and construction to meet acceptable standards for future maintenance assumption by local government entities and Tribal governments.
14. Provides guidance to other engineers and managers regarding administration of all engineering phases of planning, design and construction of roads and bridges.
15. Ensures that procedures, regulations, and policies are carried out and reviews completed work for adequacy in content and conformance to Federal standards.
16. Maintains cooperative relationships with other Federal agencies, such as the Federal Highway Administration, Indian Health Services, and OSHA, and with state and local agencies.
17. Develops transportation system that is integrated with the county and state systems to provide all-weather access for service population.
18. Develops transportation system based on short and long range planning.
19. Provides advice and guidance and promote agreement on general approaches, lead time, standards and criteria, and application of policies and concepts in each of the broad functions including planning, design, construction and maintenance.
20. Prepares reports and analyses on planning, design, construction, and maintenance projects and proposals.
21. Evaluates projects in terms of structural and geometric standards and applications, economic factors, maintenance and construction costs, traffic analysis and services, esthetics, and appropriateness for the highway system in which proposed.
22. Advises roads program staff of management's discussions, priorities, and commitments made to various tribal governments, groups and other local government entities.
23. Serves on Headquarters and Regional quality assurance and program review teams to review, evaluate and examine management operations.
24. Maintains liaison with county, state, tribal, local groups, and news media to assure public relations.
25. Facilitates public hearings, when necessary, proposing transportation improvement projects.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this occupational questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and information you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempt to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position during the probation period.
26. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.