Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 784008
REALTY OFFICER, GS-1170-12/13/14
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-14) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection proces are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the postion following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
3. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
4. The incumbent of this position is required to operate a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental duty and must possess a valid driver's license.
Do you possess a valid state driver's license?A. Yes, I certify that I possess a Drivers License.
5. This position requires a background investigation. Failure to agree with this requirement will result in your loss of consideration for this position.
Are you willing to undergo a background investigation which may include, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes, I am willing to undergo a background investigation.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-12 Realty Officer position. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that includes the acquisition of real property, management of real property in the administration of federally owned, Indian-owned or leased space or property, preparation for disposal, or disposal of real property requiring a knowledge of real estate laws, principles, practices, and markets.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-13 Realty Officer position. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have a least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service which involved providing oversight over Real Estate functions for a unit planning work to be accomplished; meeting dealines; and reviewing work to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, compliance, or authenticity. Provided technical assistance in the acquisition of real property; management of real property in the administration of federally owned; Indian-owned or leased space or property; preparation for disposal, or disposal of real property requiring a knowledge of real estate laws, principles, practices, and markets.
8. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-14 Realty Officer position. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service which involved providing oversight over Real Estate functions for a unit planning work to be accomplished; meeting dealines; and reviewing work to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, compliance, or authenticity. Provided technical assistance in the acquisition of real property; management of real property in the administration of federally owned; Indian-owned or leased space or property; preparation for disposal, or disposal of real property requireding a knowledge of real estate laws, principles, practices, and markets. Served as a liaison on all matters pertaining to trust Real Estate issues.
INSTRUCTIONS: For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
9. Provide adminstrative leadership, supervision, and guidance to Real Estate Services supervisors and staff, on a wide variety of extremely complex, controversial, and unique Indian land issue.
10. Develop annual work plans, internal control procedures and audits, evaluations, and performance measures for the Real Estate Services Program.
11. Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive database of Tribal Realty Shares distribution formulas and methodologies.
12. Implement and oversee the preservation of trust records with adequate and proper documentation and protocol.
13. Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of program operations and activities.
14. Develop and implement directives, formulate and recommend Regional policies and procedures, program plans, and improvement measures relating to the management, development, adminstration and protection of restricted individual Native allotments and townsite lots.
15. Apply and interpret special statutes, treaties and agreements pertaining to the Navajo Nation and the provisions of the tribal codes.
16. Develop and recommend instructions, policies, guidance and procedures for use by Real Estate Services staff, including incorporation of performance measures for protection of Indian land held in trust or restricted status by the United States.
17. Provide and coordinate processing transactions that require environmental studies, appraisals, probate, estate planning functions and Individual Indian Monies (IIM) account.
18. Provide expert knowledge in developing, implementing and executing multiple Federal Government programs for Navajo Nation, and for other Trust responsibilities in Indian Country.
19. Develop, implement, and adminster short, long, and multi-year real estate work plans.
20. Plan, organize, and develop economically feasible adminstrative practices and procedures for the execution of real estate services.
21. Provide oversight of the managerial and technical functions for real estate transactions.
22. Perform audits of real estate management practices, real estate transactions, and legal instruments preparation to assure conformance with statutory, regulatory and policy requirements.
23. Monitor progress and evaluate outcomes.
24. Supervise employees from a wide variety of educational levels and backgrounds.
25. Make decisions on significant personnel actions.
26. Conduct formal performance appraisals.
27. Provide recognition and rewards for effective performance.
28. Conduct disciplinary actions such as warnings and reprimands.
29. Prepare written responses to Headquarters, field sites, and other Federal, State, local and Tribal government entities.
30. Write technical reports and findings where information in the reports has to be collected, organized and interpreted.
31. Respond in writing to technical Congressional inquires.
32. Prepare and/or review written program reviews, budget initiatives, strategy papers, and/or other management activities related to individual restricted and Tribal trust land.
33. Develop employee performance standards and prepare annual performance appraisals, employee awards, performance improvement plans, other developmental training plans, and disciplinary actions.
34. Perform supervisory functions including the preparation of position descriptions, interviewing and selection, coaching, mentoring, and as necessary, disciplining employees.
35. Serve as an expert witness in the defense of individual Indian and Tribal trust property rights, prosecuting trespass issues on land held in trust or restricted status by the United States, or defending conditions in leases and permits for the protection and utilization of Indian Individual restricted and Tribal trust properties and other Indian land related negotiations and litigation.
36. Develop and present briefings, oral presentations, and recommendations, to Federal, state, local agencies, Tribes, special interest groups, and/or the general public.
37. Persuade, influence, or negotiate with Tribes, and/or Tribal organizations or Indian individuals who have conflicting views and interests regarding restricted or Tribal trust land to reach agreement that is consistent with established policy and regulations.
38. Present findings of studies, suggestions for improvement, and recommendations to the Deputy Regional Director, Trust Services, to obtain necessary approval in making program changes.
39. INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in teh selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not electing you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; 3) verify that your responses accurately describes your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
INSTRUCTIONS: NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF-50s) is received and is accurate.