Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and which meets the Minimal Qualification Requirements for the Executive Assistant GS-0301-12.
1. From the Description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification requirements for the position.A. Yes I have one year of specialized experience described above equivalent to the next lower grade level.
2. Minimum Qualifications. For the GS-12 grade level, applicants must have 52 weeks level. For the GS-12 grade level, applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples are skills demonstrated through administrative, professional, technical, investigative, or other responsible work.
3. Are you a current Department Of Health And Human Services with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service, with FDA/CDER/ Office of Surveillance and Epidemiology?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Coordinate with other offices based on expert knowledge of the Office Director's critical role in the organization and substantive nature of the work to be performed and the activities of the different organizations.
5. Conduct through review of documents detailing the Center's significant activities that impact the Office.
6. Maintain historical perspective as well as a critical, current knowledge of Office, Center, and Agency programs and activities through review of materials, documents and reports.
7. Relieve the Office Director of time consuming involvement in the management and coordination of special projects.
8. Efficiently monitor timely completion of work assignments received in the Office.
9. Use network and other systems initiatives to ensure continuity, coordination and innovative methodologies.
10. Analyze and compile significant information about Center and/or Agency activities for the Office Director's appropriate decision making.
11. Translate specific information on Center functions and activities required by the Office Director to prepare reports or presentations for use in high level meetings.
12. Obtain and coordinate responses for special information requested by executives both in and out of the Federal Government.
13. Analyze and provide advice on important issues and apprise appropriate members of the Office Director's staff.
14. Represent the Office Director at meetings, as necessary, with inside and outside organizations.
15. Serve as the liaison regarding clarification and dissemination of instructions, information, and decisions emanating from the Immediate Office and Sub-Offices.