Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 784234
CIVIL ENGINEER (HIGHWAY), GS-0810-12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designated to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432, as outlined in the vacancy announcement. This is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload you latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
3. Are you a Veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5-point or 10-point preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10-point preference.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?
Thank you for your interest in the Civil Engineer (Highway), GS-0810-12 position located in Gallup, New Mexico. Responses to this questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated to determine your qualifications for this position. Carefully follow all instructions before submitting your responses. You must select only ONE response for each item. If you change a response, be certain to erase (uncheck) the incorrect response before you submit the application. Once you have submitted your application, items with more than one response or items that are left blank will not receive credit.
5. Please select one response from choices A, B, or C below that best reflects your education and/or experience in meeting the Basic Entry Requirements for this position. Please read all responses prior to making your selection.
Respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best represents your experience and training for the GS-0810 positions. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your resume or application and information provided by your references
6. For the GS-12 Grade Level: Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Civil Engineer (Highway). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Coordinates the development of Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E) of highways, roads, bridges and streets, and other Transportation facility projects.
8. Coordinates utility adjustment and carries out review meetings for each project assigned.
9. Coordinates preliminary and final project design activities with the respective design sections and other outside transportation organizations and consultants.
10. Accompanies officials from County Road Departments, State Highway Departments, FHWA, Consulting Engineers and Region/Agency staff on preliminary project reviews including proposed roadway alignments, plan-in-hand reviews, etc., and provides recommendations for these projects.
11. Provides engineering feasibility and other analysis and reports for ongoing and future transportation projects.
12. Provides second level review of all highways, bridges, and other transportation facility design projects under the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Certification Acceptance Plan (CAP).
13. Review of all design plans, specifications and estimates to insure compliance with FHWA, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), State, and other applicable standards before the projects are recommended to proceed to construction.
14. Serves as the Value Engineering team leader and organizes team members of engineers, technicians, and construction personnel from the Region and Agency offices.
15. Plans, coordinates, and provides recommendations for Value Engineering Teams to evaluate completed design plans for potential savings to the Government through the use of innovative design concepts and/or materials
16. Assists the Planning Engineer in the review of permits for utility crossings, turnouts, etc., and provide recommendations and advice on solutions to technical problems for further action.
17. Prepares and/or assists the Highway Design and Structural Sections in preparing, compiling and coordinating technical provision and Scopes of Work for A/E Service Contracts
18. Responsible for coordinating and assuring that all utility (gas, electric, water, sewer, telephone, and etc.) relocations and/or removals on all highway and transportation projects are complete prior to construction and in compliance with local State and Federal regulations.
19. Makes field reviews of NRDOT planned design projects with Planning & Design staff and Agency DOT personnel to establish proposed concepts, alignments, Scoping of the projects, etc., and define any design issues, and material requirements through written reports to the supervisor.
20. Provides technical services to the Navajo-Hopi Indian Relocation Commission (NHIRC), NHA, the Navajo Division of Transportation (NDOT), and other Tribal/local Government Agencies in the reviewing of proposed development plans involving street/road design and other transportation facility design and construction.
21. Coordinates with NHA on the Housing Access Road requirements of NRDOT, as outlined in the NHA Design and Construction Guidelines.
22. Attends Task Force meetings to provide the Agency Road Engineers with current housing project information (design plans and specifications).
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this occupational questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and information you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempt to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position during the probation period.
23. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.