Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 784309
Public Affairs Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following questions, select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-12 Public Affairs Specialist
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Providing detailed explanations to the public in response to comments made regarding particular situations
3. Arranging and conducting special events and workshops with various organizations to stimulate participation in program activities
4. Advising personnel in carrying out community relations activities
5. Speaking to a variety of groups explaining programs, objectives, and policies of the office
6. Developing and administering a program to educate various audiences concerning office affairs
7. Responding to information requests from local and national news media
8. Developing and writing materials for dissemination
9. Furnishing policy guidance and developing directives for policy procedures
10. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with members of the public, local and national news media, and other specialized groups
11. Coordinating public appearances and speaking events
12. Enhancing the understanding of the office initiatives among the general public and specialized organizations
13. Conveying complex and controversial information concerning the office's programs and initiatives
14. Representing the interests of the office, in addition to specific law enforcement organizations and special interest groups
15. Planning, initiating, and implementing public affairs campaign
16. Overseeing arrangements with media representatives
17. Making recommendations to the supervisor on ways to enhance the mission and programs of an office
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
18. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department