Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Public Health Advisor, GS-0685-11.
A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service, conducting analyses related to public health program laws, regulations, policies, procedures using a wide range of evaluative and analytical methods and techniques; providing program consultation, guidance, and assistance in carrying out and promoting significant public health program activities; and assisting in planning and managing a comprehensive public health program.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Work with State or local government agencies on public health issue.
3. Establish long and short term goals for a public health program.
4. Interpret and apply policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines necessary for administering public health projects and reviews.
5. Provide high level advisory services to agencies and organization in developing, extending and/or improving health care systems, public health strategies, communications and services.
6. Manage projects funded through Federal contracts, cooperative agreements, and grants.
7. Participate in the preparation of a federal grant or cooperative agreement.
8. Review and evaluate public health programs which result in recommendations and/or decision for public health program strategies, modifications, or improvements.
9. Collect and analyze data to address complex/broad public health program needs.
10. Experience in analyzing information related to the delivery of public health programs.
11. Provide expertise and guidance on matters leading to the improvement of public health programs.
12. Communicate in writing with government officials on issues related to public health.
13. Communicate in writing with health professionals on issues related to public health.
14. Communicate in writing with the public on issues related to public health.
15. Provide senior leadership with oral reports and briefings.
16. Collaborate with officials (e.g., Federal, State, local), health professionals, private and/or nonprofit stakeholders on the implementation of public health programs.
17. Provide technical and administrative advice and assistance as it relates to public health programs/initiatives.
18. Provide program consultation, guidance, and assistance in carrying out and promoting significant public health programs.
19. Collaborate with officials (e.g., Federal, State, local), health professionals, private and/or nonprofit stakeholders on the implementation of public health programs.
20. Promote team building to improve significant public health programs.
21. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Please select a response from below to certify the accuracy of your assessment questionnaire.
.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.