Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE
This section asks you to describe your educational background, your work, and other experiences in specific factors which relate to job performance. ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED. Record your answers in Section 25.
1. Please select "A" for this question.
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this GS-7 position. If your highest level of education is not described below, choose the letter that describes experience or lower level education that you do have. Mark only 1 response.
3. Please select "A" for this question.
4. Please select "A" for this question.
5. Please select "A" for this question.
The following questions ask you to describe your educational background, your work, and other experiences in specific areas which relate to successful job performance.
You are to choose one answer to each question from among the alternatives presented. If you are using the OPM Form 1203FX, then, record your answers in Section 25 beginning at Item 6. Do not mark more than one answer for each question. Multiple answers will not be counted. Do not omit answers unless instructed to do so. Other omissions may decrease your score.
1. During high school (grades 9 - 12), I made the semester honor roll:
2. The high school grade I most often received was:
IF YOU DID NOT ATTEND COLLEGE, PLEASE SKIP TO ITEM 4.
3. The college grade I most often received was:
4. In the past three years the number of different paying jobs I have held for more than two weeks is:
5. I have been employed in work similar to that of the job covered by this examination:
6. In the past three years, my primary work experience has been in:
7. On my present or most recent job, my supervisor rated me as:
8. In the past three years the number of jobs I have been fired from is:
9. The number of civic or social organizations (which have regular meetings and a defined membership) that I belong to is:
10. In organizations to which I belong, my participation is best described as:
11. My previous supervisors (or teachers if not previously employed) would most likely describe my basic math skills as:
The questions in this part relate to fundamental competencies, such as problem solving and oral communication required for the job for which you are applying.
Please answer each question "A" for YES or "B" for NO.
Keep in mind the following:
1) Some questions refer to "work" experience. Unless otherwise stated, this includes experience you have gained through:
· Volunteer work,
· Military service,
· Paid employment,
· Hobbies, or
· Professional, charitable, religious, community, social, or other organizations.
2) Some questions include examples to help show the broad range of accomplishments and experience applicants might have. Read the entire question using the examples as a guide, but do not base your answers solely on the examples.
12. Have you written procedures or instructions that others have followed successfully (for example, instruction manuals, survey instructions, training materials, etc.)?
13. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved answering questions, demonstrating a product or service, or providing assistance to customers, clients, or the public?
14. Have you learned a hobby or leisure activity well enough that you have been asked to do it for others on a voluntary basis?
15. Have you successfully reviewed and evaluated forms, applications, documents, or other information, not including contract proposals or bids, to make determinations (for example, to determine approval or denial of loans, eligibility for claims, etc.)?
16. Since high school, have you received a grade of B or above in oral communication classes (for example, speech, public speaking, theater, etc.) or participated in activities that improved your oral communication skills (for example, training classes, workshops, seminars, debate team, speech club, etc.)?
17. Have you received formal recognition for your written work (for example, received an award, letter of commendation, excellent performance appraisal rating, etc.)?
18. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved planning, prioritizing, scheduling, and monitoring work for fewer than 10 people?
19. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved making decisions about disclosure of sensitive or confidential information?
20. Have you devised a strategy to overcome a major setback that successfully enabled you to complete a project on time or within budget?
21. Have you successfully done work that regularly required you to determine resource requirements or monitor the use of resources (for example, staff, space, equipment, supplies, materials, etc.)?
22. Have you taught a nonacademic skill to others on a voluntary basis (for example, taught camping to scouts, photography, cooking, waterskiing, etc.)?
23. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved interacting with people, other than your co-workers, from a foreign country or from different ethnic or cultural backgrounds?
24. Have you designed or developed something, on your own initiative, to help you or other employees better complete assignments (for example, designed a training manual)?
25. Have you received favorable feedback for oral presentations you have given to management or other officials, or to the public (for example, for speaking at religious services, performing in theatrical productions, etc.)?
26. Have you successfully dealt with a disruption to regular operations in a way that allowed for completion of the work or continuation of a noncritical service?
27. Have you received formal recognition for providing good service to customers or clients (for example, received an award, a letter of commendation, an excellent performance appraisal rating, etc.)?
28. Have you identified and solved a problem with a procedure, product, or service that benefited the organization (for example, saved the organization time or money, increased sales, reduced errors, etc.)?
29. Have you successfully determined space layouts or assignments for equipment, furniture, displays, etc.?
30. Have you received formal recognition for your ability to work well with others (for example, received a letter of recommendation or appreciation, an excellent performance appraisal rating, etc.)?
31. Have you successfully done work that frequently required you to present nontechnical information at briefings, meetings, conferences, or hearings?
32. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that improved your performance at work?
33. Have you broken a sales record or a similar record, regularly exceeded quotas or similar productivity standards, or received formal recognition for doing work that surpassed what was expected (for example, received a certificate of appreciation, bonus, etc.)?
34. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved answering questions,
gathering nonsensitive information, or providing assistance to others, either in person or by telephone?
35. In high school, did you have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, belong to an honor society, or graduate with honors?
36. Have you done work that involved writing brochures, press releases, or speeches?
37. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved verifying the accuracy of information or the relevance of information to a problem or a situation (for example, investigative work)?
38. Have you successfully done work where your supervisor regularly relied on you to make decisions while he or she was in meetings or out of the office?
39. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that helped you improve your self-management skills (for example, time management, goal setting, career development, etc.)?
40. Have you successfully learned a hobby or leisure activity requiring extensive study or use of complex directions (for example, constructing stereo or computer systems, making stained glass objects, etc.)?
41. Have you received favorable feedback about your ability to provide oral instructions or on-the-job training to others, or about your ability to instruct or coach others in athletic, leisure, or community activities?
42. Have you received formal recognition for solving a work-related problem (for example, received an award, a letter of commendation, etc.)?
43. Have you successfully done work that required you to identify what a customer or client needs?
44. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved relaying messages to co-workers, or providing information or giving simple instructions to customers or the public, either in person or by telephone (for example, worked as a receptionist, dispatcher, etc.)?
45. Have you received favorable feedback about your interpersonal skills when serving as a leader, instructor, or supervisor for academic, religious, community, sports, leisure, or work activities?
46. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved composing letters or writing reports containing several short paragraphs, such as investigation reports, accident reports, performance evaluations, etc.?
47. Do you have a professional license or certificate issued by a state or other official or professional licensing board indicating your mastery of a specialized body of knowledge (for example, cosmetology, real estate, certified public accounting, etc.)?
48. Have you successfully done work that often required you to accommodate last minute requests from customers or clients or to provide quality service in situations where timeliness is critical (for example, worked as a courier or travel agent, worked in newspaper publishing, etc.)?
49. Have you successfully tutored someone in an academic subject or in study skills?
50. Have you successfully planned an event such as a conference, fund-raiser, etc.?
51. Have you successfully done work that involved deciding which supplies, equipment, or merchandise to purchase for a group or organization?
52. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved conducting quality checks or following up with customers or clients to ensure satisfaction with a product or service?
53. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved interacting or coordinating with people outside of your immediate work group (for example, people from other offices, departments, organizations, etc.)?
54. Have you successfully done work that involved identifying the type of training needed by an individual or group?
55. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved informally providing oral explanations of technical information or other complex information, such as regulations, policies, or procedures?
56. Have you successfully worked closely with a client over an extended period of time to complete a project or resolve a problem?
57. Have you successfully done work that involved writing technical or legal reports, or translating technical or other complex material into language that was more easily understood?
58. Have you provided formal training to others in a specialized area of knowledge outside of work or academic settings (for example, taught self-help classes, religious instruction, etc.)?
59. Have you successfully written reports that presented facts, findings, logical conclusions, and persuasive arguments (for example, wrote a thesis, briefing papers, policy papers, complex research papers, etc.)?
60. Have you successfully done work that required extensive on-the-job training?
61. Have you taken the initiative to learn new skills or acquire additional knowledge that improved your performance at work or school, or in leisure activities?
62. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved determining appropriate products or services for customers or clients?
63. Have you successfully completed a small-scale project (lasting several days or weeks) on or ahead of schedule with minimal supervision?
64. Have you successfully developed, updated, or enhanced materials for a training/educational program or class?
65. Have you successfully completed a highly structured, formal training program, not including an apprenticeship for a trade or craft, that required you to learn a complex body of information (for example, training for jobs in insurance, law enforcement, real estate, etc.)?
66. Do you regularly monitor your progress toward achieving your career goals (for example, by initiating discussions about your career goals with your supervisor, employee counselor, mentor, etc.)?
67. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved listening carefully to others to understand a need, problem, or situation (for example, investigative work, counseling, etc.)?
68. Have you developed a formal mechanism to learn more about a problem (for example, developed a survey, conducted interviews or focus groups, etc.)?
69. Have you successfully planned or monitored a large-scale project or program that involved several steps that were carried out over an extended period of time?
70. Have you successfully completed a long-term project outside of work where you were solely responsible for doing the work (for example, completed a thesis, wrote a book that was published, prepared a horse for competition that won a ribbon, restored an antique car, etc.)?
71. Have you often been asked to proofread or edit the writing of others for content, punctuation, spelling, and grammar?
72. Have you provided formal work-related training to others (for example, provided formal orientation training or training in customer service, computer software applications, management skills, etc.)?
73. Have you successfully remained courteous and tactful while enforcing laws or policies or helping customers, clients, or members of the public who were hostile or upset, not including handling customer complaints (for example, worked in a crisis center, worked as a police officer, parole officer, park ranger, etc.)?
74. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved planning, prioritizing, scheduling, and monitoring work for 10 or more people?
75. Have you suggested or made changes to products or procedures that resulted in better meeting customer needs?
76. Have you successfully done work that involved making personnel decisions (for example, who to hire, promote, or discipline) or deciding how to allocate equipment, materials, staff, etc.?
77. Have you successfully completed a complex research project that included collecting and analyzing information, and reporting conclusions or recommendations?
78. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved discussing sensitive information with others, or interviewing or surveying people, either in person or by telephone, to gather information they were reluctant to give?
79. Have you successfully planned activities for nonwork groups (for example, athletic teams, professional associations, religious groups, etc.)?
80. Have you done work that regularly involved providing constructive feedback to others (for example, when grading class papers, when conducting on-the-job training or performance evaluations, etc.)?
81. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved deciding how best to use the strengths of team members (for example, deciding who to assign to various projects, which player to put in each position, etc.)?
82. Have you successfully completed a large-scale project (lasting several months or longer) on or ahead of schedule with minimal supervision?