Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position. As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
2. Are you the spouse of an active duty military member and eligible for Military Spouse Preference? (You must submit a copy of your military sponsor's Permanent Change in Station (PCS) orders with your application.)
To be eligible you must have been married to your military sponsor prior to reporting to the new duty assignment; AND, must have accompanied your military sponsor on a PCS move; AND, the position for which you are applying must be within the commuting area of your military sponsor's new permanent duty station.
3. Carefully read the following descriptions of education, internship training and license. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the Supervisory Clinical Psychologist. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
4. Do you possess completion of a one year psychology clinical internship training program that is APA accredited or is judged fully equivalent? If answering "yes", make sure your resume reflects the location, duration (beginning and ending dates including month and year), and specialty of the completed internship. If your resume does not reflect you possess this internship experience, your resume will not be considered. If your psychology clinical internship training program is not APA accredited it will be your responsibility to demonstrate your training program's equivalence.
5. Do you possess an active, current, unrestricted license as a Psychologist by the recognized licensing agency of a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the US Virgin Islands? If answering "yes", make sure your resume lists the type of licensure you possess and from where it was obtained and most recent date it was awarded or submit a copy. If your resume does not reflect you possess, your resume will not be considered.
6. Do you have one or more years of progressively responsible related experience as a Professional Clinical Psychologist? Examples of this experience include serving as a Professional Clinical Psychologist performing duties such as evaluating, diagnosing, assessing and treating patients with mental health issues/disorders; applying psychological theories and principles to explain, or justify psychological diagnoses and treatment recommendations.
For the following task statements, choose the response (A-E) from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Select only one letter per statement. Ensure that your application supports all of your responses.
7. Conduct emergent and routine psychological evaluations in order to evaluate patient condition.
8. Evaluate patients to determine appropriate levels of care or treatment required for the diagnosis.
9. Assess patient responses to treatment and determine subsequent treatment efforts.
10. Recommend therapeutic techniques or combination of techniques in order to meet the specific needs of the patient.
11. Make determinations as to which clinical approach to be taken or method used in order to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients with mental disorders.
12. Develop treatment and intervention plans when assessing and diagnosing personal/family/social problems in order to improve patient condition.
13. Provide administration, scoring, and interpretation of psychological and intellectual test instruments in order to evaluate patient with mental disorder.
14. Stay abreast of advances in psychological services/procedures (i.e. psychometric) in order to provide the best care for the patient.
15. Conduct clinical evaluations of mental health patients to determine self harm risks and take appropriate action to determine treatment.
16. Communicate in a clear, respectful, and professional manner at all times in order for others to understand information and ideas presented.
17. Interface with patients, family members, medical and mental health professionals in order to determine and implement an appropriate treatment plan for patient.
18. Counsel mental health patients in high stress situations in order to care for patient.
19. Serve as a clinical advisor to a variety of hospital staff in order to provide consultant services concerning psychological dynamics, treatments and disposition of patient.
20. Provide ongoing education and training of junior staff and family practice resident in order to teach others.
21. Recognize the need for ongoing development and/or modification of standard policies and procedures in order to evaluate policy effectiveness.
22. Maintain accurate patient records according to policy and regulation in order to track progress of the patient in an appropriate manner.