Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements of Public Health Advisor (Quarantine), GS-685-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, leading, planning and implementing public health programs related to communicable diseases at the Federal, state and local levels; monitoring and analyzing disease trends and consulting with public health officials and specialists to ensure appropriate measure are taken to prevent and introduction/spread of communicable diseases by people, etiologic agents or vectors; and providing advice to public health entities regarding development, extension and improvement of public health programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide leadership, consultation, guidance and assistance in administering and promoting public health programs.
3. Interpret and apply policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines necessary for administering public health projects and reviews.
4. Provide guidance on matters leading to the improvement of public health programs.
5. Operate independently in a field-based setting to implement public health priorities in a challenging setting involving a diverse range of stakeholders and partners.
6. Design and implement public health projects or programs that address the health of migrants, immigrants, refugees, and/or travelers.
7. Monitor infectious disease trends and progress in a national, state, or local health program.
8. Provide advice on infectious disease prevention programs and public health methods and strategies to reduce the impact of infectious diseases in globally mobile human populations.
9. Analyze surveillance data to evaluate effectiveness of programs and strategies designed to control and prevent the introduction and spread of communicable diseases into the United States.
10. Implement and conduct contact tracing activities and medical record review for patients exposed to or infected with an infectious disease.
11. Evaluate public health preparedness and emergency response programs to make recommendations and/or decisions for public health program strategies, modifications, or improvements.
12. Develop plans and operational protocols for response to disasters, infectious disease outbreaks, or large-scale emergencies.
13. Plan and coordinate public health preparedness exercises with partner agencies, including tabletop exercises or functional drills.
14. Provide technical advice and assistance on implementing a preparedness and emergency response program.
15. Serve as primary point of contact to senior management in providing programmatic support and analysis during infectious disease outbreak investigations.
16. Present findings from research studies or operational program activities to diverse audiences, including government officials, private industry partners, and collaborating institutions.
17. Conduct and/or assist in the development and delivery of training courses and with special studies and/or demonstration projects.
18. Provide technical and administrative advice and assistance as it relates to public health programs/initiatives to diverse partners such as government, private industry, and collaborating agencies.
19. Serve as primary point of contact to senior management in providing programmatic support and analysis during infectious disease outbreak investigations.
20. Prepare briefing materials on research activities for senior leadership.
21. Develop standards, procedures and instructions to guide operational personnel.
22. Collect public health data from various sources, analyze data and prepare technical reports.
23. Prepare documents such as guidance, protocols, procedures and policies to communicate technical information regarding public health programs.
24. Lead a team of public health workers to achieve goals and objectives related to overall strategies of disease prevention and reduction of disease transmission in humans.
25. Apply management and leadership principles to manage and guide staff in operational and programmatic efforts to meet mission requirements.
26. Monitor projects of team members to ensure timeliness in meeting milestones.
27. Manage quarantine station expenditures to assure efficient utilization of resources within budgetary constraints.
28. Resolve conflicts differences or problems among team members.
29. Provide assistance to public health partner agencies, including state and community partners, in the development and implementation of public health programs and activities.
30. Interact with organizations and/or the government at the local, state and national level on public health programs focusing on the control of infectious diseases.
31. Provide training to diverse stakeholder groups and public health partners on public health issues such as preparedness and response, infectious disease prevention and control, or other public health program areas.
32. Collaborate with officials (e.g., Federal, State, local), health professionals, and private and/or nonprofit stakeholders on the development and implementation of public health programs designed to detect and prevent infectious disease spread in humans.
33. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.