Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Psychologist (Telemental Health & Family Services)
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (11) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
This position can be filled as a Psychologist or as a Social Worker. You must apply under the correct announcement and the correct set of assessment questions in order to be considered for this position. If you need clarification to what position you qualify for please see the qualification section of this announcement. Incomplete and inaccurate application packages will not be considered
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
NOTICE: Your responses to the following questionnaire WILL be verified against all uploaded documents for this vacancy announcement. Failure to provide supporting information and/or documentation may result in a lower score or even being rated as ineligible for the position.
1. Are you a U.S. Citizen?A. Yes.
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
2. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. (Proper documentation must be provided with application)
3. Are you claiming Veterans Preference?A. Yes.
This section includes items related to the basic eligibility requirements for this vacancy and are related to graduate program and internship accreditation by the American Psychological Association (APA). If you are unsure as to whether or not you attended a graduate program or participated in an internship that was accredited by the APA, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of programs and internships that have been accredited by the APA. Please select the response that best describes your education and/or internship status. You may only select one response for each item. If you feel that your education or internship status exceeds all of the descriptions, choose the description that is the closest to the level that you possess.
4. Select the response that best describes your level of experience.A. I possess the equivalent of at least one year of postdoctoral experience equivalent in level and difficulty to the GS-11 grade in the Federal Service. Practice at the GS-11 grade level is performed under close supervision by a licensed psychologist and includes diagnosing mental disorders, conducting psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments, treating mental disorders through a variety of modalities, and providing adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders.
5. In addition to the experience requirements at the GS-12 level, do you have at least 1 additional year of experience as a psychologist equivalent to the GS-12 grade level? (This will be verified through your resume)A. Yes.
Psychologists are required to hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. This requirement may be waived for a period not to exceed 2 years from the date of employment, on the condition that such a psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a psychologist who is so licensed. Non-licensed psychologists who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements may be given a temporary appointment as a graduate psychologist. Failure to obtain licensure during that period is justification for termination of the appointment. The following item is for informational purposes only - you will not be screened in or out of the selection process on the basis of your response to this item.
6. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations.
8. Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies.
9. Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
10. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
11. Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
12. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
13. Ability to provide supervision in areas related to behavioral health and social services provision in order to accomplish the organizational goals and objectives.
14. Past training and expereince with evidence-based treatments for PTSD (Prolonged Exposure, Cognitive Processing Therapy.)
15. Ability to provide fair, principled and decisive leadership for a work environment that promotes shared accountability.
16. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates, and review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
17. Applicants must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be medically suitable to perform the essential duties of a Psychologist efficiently and without hazard to themselves and others. Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination?A. Yes
18. Prior to appointment or following appointment to a position you may be selected for random drug testing for illegal drug use. Are you willing to undergo random urinalysis drug tests?A. Yes
The following is a Certification of Understanding. RESPONSE TO THIS STATEMENT IS MANDATORY. Please note, if you do not answer this question, it will result in not being considered for this position.
19. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.
RESUME- REMINDER: Your choice of a resume and/or Application forAssociated Health Occupations (VA Form 10-2850c). (These forms can be found on the following website: www.va.gov/forms.) If you are submitting a resume your document must include the following:
a. Announcement number
b. Full legal name and mailing address
c. Day and Evening telephone numbers including area code
d. Country of citizenship (Please state the country of your citizenship, i.e., US citizen, Canadian citizen, etc. We cannot accept place of birth.
e. Social security number
f. Because your eligibility may be dependent upon your work experience, for any experience you want us to consider we must have the following information:
(1) Name and address of employer
(2) Job title
(3) Beginning and ending month and year for each job
(4) Average hours worked per week (This information must be provided)
(5) Supervisor's name and phone number
(6) A description of your duties that is sufficiently detailed to document the level of your experience. If the position is/was with the Federal government, state the series and grade or pay level.
g. Indicate if we may contact your current supervisor
h. Name, location, and dates of attendance for colleges attended; type and date of degree received, if any
i. List of training, license(s), or certification(s) relevant to the position
2. Responses to the Rating Factors listed above, if applicable.
3. Copy or Original transcripts.
4. Copy of license, registration, or certification IS REQUIRED.
5. OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment.
6. If you are claiming veterans' preference, please provide a copy of your DD-214 indicating your character of service. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, please submit a SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, with the appropriate required documentation (normally DD-214 and VA letter stating percentage of disability). (See the SF-15 for complete information on what has to be attached.)
Transcript Reminder - If you are basing your qualifications on education (or a combination of education and experience) you must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) or an appropriate course listing with your application.