Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34) or , I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- 2) is a Veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume MUST include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
5. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
6. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-0671-09 HEALTH SYSTEM SPECIALIST. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).
2. I have a valid driver's license.A. Yes
3. I am able and willing to obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license.A. Yes
4. I have other transportation to perform duties.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
5. Maintain knowledge of health system program activities to ensure internal procedures are aligned with governing policy.
6. Set work priorities to establish work flow procedures using knowledge of medical systems such as: healthcare delivery system, ICD9 classification systems, medical terminology.
7. Evaluate medical data using knowledge of policies from legal documents such as: Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act.
8. Interpret guidelines such as agency program policies to determine appropriate applications to specific cases.
9. Provide counseling for military personnel processed through the Disability Evaluation System (DES).
10. Evaluate problems associated with providing high quality care to beneficiaries.
11. Gather members' benefits factural information to determine the appropriate treatment of matters.
12. Research case trends/patterns using resourcefulness in solving issues.
13. Apply established directives to governing programs such as: DES, TDRL and LOD investigations.
14. Track cases to analyze performance against established metrics.
15. Provide status of all activities under case workload.
16. Prioritize competing work to balance the needs of internal/external customers.
17. Maintain case files of required documentation from others such as: physicians, hospitals, recovery coordinators.
18. Coordinate actions related to cases involving disabled service members or retirees.
19. Prioritizes work for completion of cases to ensure production requirements are met.
20. Maintain close liaison with others such as the VA to discuss specific cases.
21. Represent activity as liaison to solve complex cases with applicable external groups.
22. Conduct prepared briefings relevant to the DES program to others such as leadership or hospital staff.
23. Present factural findings to others using computer automated software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
24. Convince persons with diverse viewpoints to resolve issues with satisfactory solution.
25. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.