1. Choose the one answer that best describes your education or experience as related to the occupational requirements for a Biologist GS-401 position:A. I have completed the requirements for a bachelor's (or graduate) degree in a biological science, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to this position, from an accredited college or university.
2. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the additional qualification requirements for a Biologist GS-0401-9 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-09 level because I have completed a master's degree, or at least 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree.
3. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for a Biologist GS-0401-11 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-11 level because I have completed 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent graduate degree.
4. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for a Biologist GS-0401-12 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-12 level because I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: assigning research, training and fellowship grant applications; analyzing and interpreting scientific information for projects; assisting with preparing complex scientific reports; evaluating research projects for relevancy; recommending modifications of program assignment guidelines.
The following section is used to determine your non-competitive eligibility or priority consideration. If you want non-competitive or priority consideration, you must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated.
1. Schedule A (Individuals with Disabilities) - I am an individual who has a permanent, severe physical, psychiatric, or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, and wish to be considered non-competitively.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit Proof of Disability. If you are selected, you will be asked to provide a Certificate of Job Readiness. You can obtain this documentation from a licensed medical professional; licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (State or private); or any Federal agency, State agency, agency of the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits.
For more information on this hiring flexibility, please visit the USAJobs Individuals with Disabilities PageA. Yes
2. Commissioned Corps Member– I am currently an officer enlisted in the PHS Commissioned Corps. I am interested in staying in the Corps if selected. NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you will NOT be referred on the competitive Delegated Examining certificate of eligibles, as selection from that list would require you to resign or retire from the Corps. For more information on the Commissioned Corps, please visit the U.S. Public Health Service Commission Corps Website.
3. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit OPM’s The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
1. Review grant applications to determine data accuracy.
2. Interpret policies and procedures for categorization of research information.
3. Develop portfolio or accounting reports to provide a framework for grants administrations.
4. Assign research, training, and fellowship grant applications to multiple programs.
5. Evaluate grant applications to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
6. Identify inconsistencies in scientific information used for reports.
7. Evaluate research in grant applications to resolve conflicts.
8. Analyze scientific data using statistical methods.
9. Analyze research data for use in developing reports.
10. Compile and interpret scientific data for current, historical, and trend information.
11. Interpret the results of analyzed data to develop reports for senior staff.
12. Track and manage research data using an electronic grants system.
13. Conduct electronic searches for data to be used for scientific projects.
14. Develop scientific reports using a grants database.
15. Coordinate and liaise with program staff to develop data for research projects.
16. Prepare reports pertaining to goals and scientific accomplishments of an organization.
17. Prepare written scientific reports used to monitor scientific research.
18. Present scientific or technical information at conferences and meetings.
19. Collaborate with other organizations on common scientific projects or programs.
20. Prepare synopses of scientific data.
21. Develop procedures and methods for presenting scientific information.
22. Discuss scientific data findings, summaries, or conclusions with others.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
23. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.