Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. From the responses below, choose the letter that BEST describes your education or education and experience in order to meet the Basic Qualification.A. I have a full 4-year course of study that meets all the requirements for a bachelor's degree with major study in technical information. (Must submit transcripts)
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the answer that BEST describes how you qualify for this position at the GS-11 levelA. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service, that included: designing and maintaining web-pages; using programing language to design and maintain databases; and editing website content.
3. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service, that included: designing and developing web-pages; evaluating the performance of web databases; tracking and managing project deadlines; and organizing and editing website content?A. Yes
4. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, that included: designing and developing web searchable applications; evaluating the performance of web databases and developing system improvements; leading others in the design and development of web-pages; and creating and editing website content?A. Yes, I do possess the experience described above.
For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
5. Design and implement searchable web page applications.
6. Use MS SQL Server and/or Oracle to design databases.
7. Maintain databases by performing a range of tasks such as data normalization, performance tuning, and database replication.
9. Collaborate with staff members from all levels of an organization to help develop content for a web page.
10. Participate in coordinating web site promotion initiatives.
11. Consult with other team members on web database changes and/or improvements.
12. Review user feedback to assess the effectiveness of a webpage.
13. Collaborate with program staff to incorporate web page edits.
14. Participate in developing written content for a website.
15. Research health regulations to ensure the accuracy of content in a website.
16. Develop timelines for implementing website enhancements.
17. Use spreadsheets or other tools to track deadlines for multiple projects.
18. Establish project priorities by assessing web user's information needs.