This section will be used to determine if you possess the basic requirements for appointment as a Psychologist in the Veterans Health Administration. Please select the best response.
1. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
2. Are you licensed or certified by a state to practice psychology at the doctoral level?A. Yes
3. If you are not licensed, we will waive the requirement of licensure (GS11 & GS12 only), however you must obtain licensure within two years from the date of employment and you will only provide care under the supervision of a licensed psychologist. Are you willing to meet the eligibility requirements as stated above?A. Yes
4. Do you have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association?A. Yes
5. Have you successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA?A. Yes
Please provide the name, location (city/state) and year of your APA professional psychology internship training program. If this internship was part of a program/consortium, include this information.
The following questions pertain to your experience. In additional to meeting the basic requirement, for placement consideration at the GS12 and GS13 level you must also have experience that was obtained through employment as a psychologist or through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program that demonstrates 1) active professional practice that was paid/non-paid employment and to be considered for place at the GS13 level you must possess a full, current and unrestricted license. To be creditable, the experience must have required the use of knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics associated with current psychology practice and must also have been at the level comparable to professional psychology experience at the next lower grade. This experience is only creditable if it is post-doctoral degree experience as a professional psychologist directly related to the duties performed.
6. Do you have at least one full year post-doctoral experience demonstrating possession comparable to professional psychology practice skills as described in the paragraph above?A. Yes
This opportunity is open to Psychologists with diverse levels of experience. For the following items below, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your Knowledge, Skill and Ability (KSA). Please keep in mind that items 7, 8, and 9 are competencies needed at the GS-12 grade level (one full year of experience post doctorate degree), and items 10, 11, 12 are needed at the GS-13 grade level (two full years of experience). That said, if you are a recent graduate, we do realize that you may possess some knowledge in some of these areas, but do not expect that of you.A- I am considered an expert, am consulted by others, or have provided training to others in this area.
7. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations.
8. Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies.
9. Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
10. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
11. Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
12. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens. In an effort to assist us in expediting our referral process, we request you select the appropriate answer for the questions listed below.
13. Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the facility (or VISN 12) where the vacancy is located?A. Yes
14. Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the Department of Veteran Affairs? If so, please include a copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that has Items 24 and 34 completed.A. Yes
15. Are you a Veteran eligible for Veteran Preference? You must include a copy of your DD-214 showing your character of service, and if you are a 10 point preference vet you must include the SF15 and VA letter to support your
16. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes
REMINDER- a complete Application Package includes:
VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations
OF306 Declaration for Federal Government
CV or Resume
Proof of current certification, licensure or registration (if you possess)