Are you eligible for a noncompetitive appointment to the Federal government under authorities for certain disabled and other veterans? Please refer to the Vet Guide http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.htm for more information.
If you answer yes, you MUST provide documentation as stated in the Required Documents section of this announcement.
Please select from the following to indicate how you would like to be considered. Not submitting required documents/proof may result in your disqualification.
Competitive All US Citizens . You are a United States citizen and not eligible for Merit Promotion and Non-Competitive as described below
Merit Promotion or Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligible.
You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
Noncompetitive- You are a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or are eligible under an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
You are eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority such as those authorized for persons with disabilities; disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more; certain other veterans; spouses of certain members of the armed forces; and returning Peace Corps volunteers (for more information see http://www.opm.gov/employ/students/fedhire.asp#authorities). You must submit relevant supporting documentation (e.g., certification from state Office of Vocational Rehabilitation; DD-214 and VA letter; etc.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. From the descriptions below, select one response to describe how you meet the Qualification Requirements for this position at the GS-14 level.A. I have one year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-13 grade level in the federal government (can be obtained in the public or private sector), that equipped me with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the major duties of this position and demonstrates all of the following: 1) utilize project management skills relating to developing, implementing, and managing service operations for an IT system; 2) manage request fulfillment processes, structures, and tools in the planning and delivery of IT services; 3) manage the day to day operations of an IT system utilizing IT Service Management (ITSM) based processes for incident management, event management, change management, configuration management, problem management and request fulfillment; 4) manage IT system's service operations including large complex help desk operations; and 5) develop SharePoint and related service operations. NOTE: Your resume must clearly demonstrate your experience in the above items otherwise your eligibility may be affected.
Basic Competencies for IT Specialists
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes the experience you have to meet the basic competencies for the GS-2210 IT Specialist occupational series.A. I have information technology and information architecture related experience that demonstrates possession of each of the four required competencies: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. (Note: This experience must be demonstrated on your resume/supporting documents.)
KNOWLEDGE OF IT THEORIES, PRINCIPLES, CONCEPTS, STANDARDS, AND PRACTICES RELATING TO IT SERVICE OPERATIONS AND REQUEST FULFILLMENT
For each of the following tasks, identify the level (from A-E below) that most accurately describes your experience/training in that task.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop and implement IT Service Operations processes, structures, and tools.
4. Coordinate IT Service Operations processes.
5. Conduct analysis to support prioritization, escalation and delivery of IT service requests.
6. Lead or participate in the operations of an IT Service (Help) Desk.
7. Troubleshoot performance bottlenecks and error conditions on enterprise-wide mission systems.
8. Implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
SKILL IN BUILDING AND MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS TO FACILITATE SERVICE OPERATIONS PROCESSES
9. Manage or participate in service operations processes for IT program/project with multiple service provider relationships and agreements.
10. Work with service provider to define request fulfillment processes to identify the best method to resolve different types of requests.
11. Review and report Service Provider compliance metrics.
ABILITY TO PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT FOR AN ENTERPRISE IT SYSTEM INCLUDING PROJECT PLANS AND ESTIMATE REQUIRED RESOURCES
12. Deliver products and/or services designed to meet customer needs via request fulfillment processes.
13. Anticipate customer's needs to ensure proper response.
14. Develop and implement a Configuration Control Management program.
15. Plan and conduct program management activities for configuration management processes.
16. Manage or support a Configuration Control Board for an IT program.
17. Utilize project management principles to develop plans, estimate required resources, and define milestones and deliverables to monitor and evaluate requirements management and configuration control board activities.
18. Identify interrelationships of IT specialties, IT architecture, and new IT technologies to manage integrated systems and future requirements.
ABILITY TO WORK AS A CONTRACT OFFICER TECHNICAL REPRESENTATIVE (COTR) IN MONITORING, EVALUATING, AND OVERSEEING CONTRACT ACTIVITIES
19. Monitor and evaluate contractor policies, practices, procedures, and management control for specialized IT contracts.
20. Review and approve invoices to ensure that the charges are allocable, allowable, and reasonable.
21. Evaluate contract performance to ensure contractor complies with technical aspects of the contract.
22. Receive all deliverables required by the contract/task order.
CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
23. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to this statement below, you are confirming that you have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.A. Yes, I verify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my rating may be lowered and/or I may be removed from further consideration.