1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must upload a copy of your Form BIA-4432, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and you are submitting a copy of your most recent SF50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must upload a copy of your most recent SF 50-B to verify status, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veterans Preference? Note: You must upload your supporting documentation; otherwise credit will not be given. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.aspA. Yes
4. Do you possess a valid state drivers license which you have held for at least two years preceding this application?A. Yes
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
Education and or Experience Requirements for the GS-0203-05 Human Resources Assistant (OA) position.
6. Please choose the response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum requirements for the Human Resources Assistant (OA) position.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-04 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to successful perform the duties of a Human Resources Assistant (OA). Examples of qualifying specialized experience include clerical or administrative assistance functions of a business or organization, such as greeting clients and responding to inquires in person, email on the telephone, and through regular mail; preparing correspondence and/or reports; tracking and filing documents and correspondence; processing a veirty of recurring personnel actions; carrying out employee requests for changes in health or life insurance coverage; assisting new employees with completion of forms related to their appointments. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
7. In addition to meeting experience or education requirements, applicants for this position must show possession of Office Automation skills and must have typing proficiency of 40 words per minute. Applicants must meet these requirements by passing the appropriate performance test, presenting a certificate of proficiency from a school or other organization authorized to issue certificates by the Office of Personnel Management, or by self-certifying their proficiency. Falsification of this statement may be used as grounds for not employing you, or for dismissal.A. I certify I type at least 40 words per minute and possess the knowledge of general office automation software, such as word processing, personal computers, electronic mail, database, spreadsheets, etc.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of recruitment and placement principles, knowledge of merit promotion plan and an understanding of occupational characteristics to develop promotion announcements and to analyze and evaluate the relative value of individual qualification in relation to duties for specific positions in a variety of clerical and technical occupations. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
8. Keyboards vacancy announcements in an automated system and the supervisor reviews announcement for completion.
9. Knowledge to identify individual job requirements, qualifications, and regulatory required information on each vacancy announcement.
10. Establish and maintain vacancy announcement folders in accordance with the Merit Promotion, Delegated Examining, and files management regulations and procedures.
11. Review and screen applications for completeness and support documentation.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of Human Resources Manuals, OPM Qualifications, Excepted Qualification Standards and X-118C, Indian Affairs regulations, in order to interpret and clearly explain the requirements and process a range of personnel and payroll actions. Select only one letter for each task.
12. Explain Federal employee benefits, such as health and life insurance, thrift savings plan, annual and sick leave, creditable service, and retirement benefits to employees and managers.
13. Encode and process payroll transactions, such as changes in benefits, position data, pay changes, tax withholdings, and direct deposit.
14. Review relational edits in automated personnel system and take action to solve any errors.
15. Follow up on suspense dates and pending actions, i.e., such as within-grade increases, trial periods, and coversion of apppointments, to ensure actions are processed by due date.
16. Apply regulatory personnel guidance and requirements to complete transactions.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of personal computers and function keys to perform several basic office automation functions such as storing and retrieving electronic documents, activating a printer, inserting and deleting text, printing standardized paragraphs from a glossary producing forms and form letters, entering data into a predefined spreadsheet or database, and transmitting and receiving electronic mail. Select only one letter for each task.
17. Use a computer to store, retrieve, manipulate, transfer, compute and print information.
18. Prepare documents using word processing software to create, format, modify, and print documents electronically.
19. Create spreadsheets with a matrix of rows and columns that could add, delete, or modify records.
20. Create a database to organize and store electronic information into general categories or files.
21. Use desktop publishing software to lay out text, graphics, and pictures on a page.
22. Send information (attachments & links) through an electronic mail system to designated distribution lists and recipients.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of personal computers and function keys to perform several basic office automation functions including automated recruitment, process pesonnel actions, store and retrieve data in electronic folders, and federal payroll and personnel systems. Select only one letter for each task.
23. Enter personnel, payroll, and performance data into automated personnel folders.
24. Maintain and ensure accuracy of all data entered.
25. Utitlize a computer to store, retrieve, manipulate, transfer, and print information.
26. Inititate correspondence regarding notices of rating, notification of selection, confirmation of appointment, and close-out letters to non-selectees.
27. Create database or spreadsheets with a matrix of rows and columns to organize and store electronic information into general categories or files.
28. Transmit information (attachments and links) through an electronic mail system to designated distribution lists and recipients.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Select only one letter for each task.
29. Initiate and maintain contact with internl officials and external persons outside the agency to gather information.
30. Serves as point of contact for applicants providing instructions on competing background investigation forms.
31. Serves as point of contact with the Security Office to obtain missing information or related forms.
32. Review, processes and maintains security investigation forms.
33. Provide applicants with information and procedures on how to apply for vacancies.
34. Assist applicants with the completion of forms, records, or other documents.
35. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. For each task listed below, choose the letter that best describes your answer.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.